status

Started by kdogae86, March 28, 2010, 09:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdogae86

car was pushed into garage today.will put on jack stands tomorrow and take wheels off. hopefully get throttle cable installed and gasket for muffler this week.anybody have a small muffler with no cat laying around?

BigMike

I have my 2.25" Dynomax Super Turbo Stainless muffler on my car up at Bevin's. I'll gladly donate it ;)

Here it is, except mine is an offset inlet and center outlet
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

I have Mikes old MR2 exhaust.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

kdogae86

car is on jack stands now. will start gutting the interior and replace cable soon. we should have a team meeting in the garage

BigMike

Quote from: kdogae86 on April 01, 2010, 07:54:41 PM
will start gutting the interior and replace cable soon.

Go easy on the carpet and insulation, I want to buy it , all of it including the back wall and it's insulation.

Quote from: kdogae86 on April 01, 2010, 07:54:41 PM
we should have a team meeting in the garage

Okay, this is my last weekend of spring break. Can we meet Sat. night or Sunday morning? What do you guys think?
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

OK, I have a few things to bring. Couple of doors to chop up. Urethane bushings.  Stut inserts. Cams and shims, if you want to play with that little piece of hell Kevin. I'll do it if we get he car up here. Otherwise, I can help you at you place. Will need a feeler guage set though. Mike, I can bring the brake rotors for you to make shims if you are up to it. Let me know by noon Saturday so I can laod them early enough. Bryan, if you can bring a set of triangles we can get the rims off the car on th' 'bay. Bevin, haven't forgotten about you, just don't know what ya got to bring but yer sexy self. Are we going to Okie rig a double set of sway bars, or are we going to use these Sway Away pieces I have? I agree with Mike though, the judges will probably pile on the hoopty points for the doubles. Hoopty points? Oh yeah, let's cut off the trunk!  Anyone think of any thing else I might have, noon Saturday please.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Please bring the rotors down, I will take care of them. I'll also need the stock rear rotors off of the car as well.

Kevin, your house, what time?
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BryanH

I'm busy from about 2 to 5pm Saturday, other than that fairly open.  Just let me know when. 

I'll bring the throttle cable, and triangle wheels if the car won't be street driven for now (two of the race tires are corded, the other two are low enough not to be street legal anymore).  We should clean up the crapbling wheels before taking pictures for eBay.  I think I'm out of wheel cleaner.

Also will need an address. :)

Sirdeuce

Tires and wheels are just to make the car mobile. won't be street legal any way. So tread isn't a factor at this point. now we just need a time. I.m open.

BigMike

I don't remember his actual address, so I zoomed all the way in to his house.

Clicky: Kevin's house on Google Maps

I just guessed an approximate address and put the marker there. The map is zoomed into his house with the pool.
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

OK, I just spoke to Kevin and we are on for 7 PM tonight.
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BryanH

Sirdeuce

This might be more trouble than it's worth. Mike needs to smog his 2. Maybe use the engine/trans in this car to do that. It seems to run good. Hopefully, this can get him on his way to an operational MR2.

BigMike

Of course I would LOVE to swap the engine into my car like last week, but then what? It's gonna be a couple of months before we get the race engine ready, right?

Well, if we did do this, then we could start autocrossing and practicing in my car...

Of course I am down for this :D
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Couple of months? Couple of months after I start working. The engine would be to get your car running and smogged. It would be a loaner. At least until the monster is ready for it.