Main Menu

Hi

Started by ZX10R203, August 26, 2011, 09:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZX10R203

Hi
New here but been a MR2 owner for a while.

Just looking for some new people to talk to outside of the "other" MR2 site.  Too much politics there if you know what I mean.

I currently own 2 MR2s.

1987 MR2

and my recently acquired 1993 MR2 with a blow head gasket (didn't do it, I got it like that for cheap!!)

Sirdeuce

Nice to see another W series fan! Big Mike has a white AW11, as do I. So, seems you fit right in. Are you in the Fresno area? Possible meet and greet.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

ZX10R203

Fresno is a couple hours south of me.  I am in a small town called Patterson towards Tracy,Modesto....  Big farming community but the house prices are amazing.  My wife and I moved out of the Bay Area due to a lot of drugs and violence where we were.  A few of the bad apples used to sell drugs right across the street and adding that we were paying rent in a 150 year old house, we had to move.

A meet and great would be awesome in the future.  I know there are a few other MR2 owners in the Fresno area.

The AW has a few issues and that now that I have a garage at home to work on the cars they will get fixed.  I am pretty sure I have a faulty head gasket since it pump all the coolant out through the reservoir and overheats at constant freeway speeds.  A small break in the head gasket pushing gases from the combustion chamber into the cooling system.

I started with the 93 mainly as a commuter vehicle for now.  My truck gets 10 mpg and need something ASAP as I am spending $100 on fuel per week and I work only 4 days a week.  The 93 had a blown head gasket when I picked up and I just put in another 5SFE motor in it but the thing won't start.  I kinda know my way around cars and had a friend help me with the install of the motor.  Since we did not know the condition internally of the newly acquired motor we opened the top end up, removed the head, gave it a good cleaning, replaced the gaskets and installed it.  Since my car skills aren't all there, I have a feeling the timing on the motor is way off.  It cranks but won't start! I am going to attempt getting it right but...if it doesn't work I will be calling a mechanic $$$$$.

I do have to get rid of the S2000 wheels on the 93 ASAP.  The offset is just ridiculous.  Know anyone looking to buy a set with almost new tires?!?

BigMike

Hey ZX10R203!! :welcome: Awesome cars man!! If I've said it once, I haven't said it enough: White is the best color for a car!!!

I travel to Man Jose nearly every weekend to visit my wife. It would be cool to meet up on a Friday afternoon maybe at Hwy152 & 33 at one of the gas stations there. What do ya think? This weekend my wife is coming here so I won't be back that way until Fri Oct 7th.

Sorry this form is quite dead. I've actually kept it pretty quiet, not wanting too much attention here -- but I love seeing new faces and would like to see some more pics of your car!! :gap:

My '87 has gone Panda now. I slapped on a black spoiler, skirts, and air dam. I'm still getting used to it to be honest :yupyup:

Regards,
BigMike
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

BigMike

Your AW sure is a lot cleaner than mine. I've always wanted to do the clear tail light blinkers  :bowdown:
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

No Mikey, White is not the best color for a car, flourescent charteuse is! Second place it any eye broiling yellow! Third, bright ass orange! White is somewhere in the 20's places.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Hey ZX10R203-

I'll be headed your way possibly this Friday morning and might remain in the South Bay until next Tuesday or Wednesday. Where in the bay area do you work? I'd definitely be interested in meeting up, grabbing some lunch or something :beerchug:

BigMike
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤