status

Started by kdogae86, March 28, 2010, 09:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdogae86

its ok sirdeuce he didnt show up anyway. people can come over and work on the car whenever they want as long as im home. i encourage people to come over and work. its not just my project for people to drive when its finished. its our car(which bill owns)

Sirdeuce

Teeth don't shine like pearls to a poor mans eyes brah.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

Sirdeuce

I might be dropping by tonight (Thursday) to drop off the struts I have here. I'll contact you later Kevin, class tonight. It'll be after 8:30 PM. If it's too late, please text me. If you're falling asleep before that, let me know so I don't wake you up again.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

I found a page on how to install racing seat belts into a MK1

Clicky: http://mr2.com/TEXT/sabelt.html

-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

kdogae86

Sirdeuce

My buddy Isaac is not working now. He has the time to do a little welding for me. I'll try to get the hood and headlight covers soon. What else do we need to get tacked up? Suggestions??

Sirdeuce

For those who haven't heard, we're starting all over. Mike procurred a decent(better) body for the LeMons event. So, now we need to get together on tihis to expedite the transfer of parts. The new  car will save a bit on assembly as it hasn't been wrecked in the front, and the panel need not be tacked in the rear. Chances are the frame might actually be straight. Sorry Kevin, all that wasted time. Hey, let's see what it takes to bob the tail of the Deuce. We can use the old car to see what it takes to vent the radiator over the hood too. Let the games begin........again!

kdogae86

actually i dont think were losing any time by using the red car.

BigMike

Quote from: Sirdeuce on June 08, 2010, 07:48:17 PM
We can use the old car to see what it takes to vent the radiator over the hood too.
Using the old car as a trial-and-error test platform is a great idea, but what about your finical losses in the purchase of that car Bill? Don't you want to keep it and rebuild it someday maybe?
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

I bought the car for the engine in the first place. We were initially doing the FX16, the MR2 was for the to go in the powerrplant  was for that anyway. I was going to can the body any way. Spare brake parts! Spares all around! spindles, bearings, steering rack and column, blah blah. Let's do it! Don't hurt the wiring harness please.

Sirdeuce

Wow, nearly a month since we did anything with the poupe'. How are things going witht the poor thing anyway? I'm still pretty hyped on the project! I'm hoping the rest of you still have a spark of interest to do this.

BigMike

Kevin is out of town until next Monday. I have to do some final work to my MR2 before I am comfortable driving it to S.J. every weekend, so that's what I'm doing until Kevin gets back. Then starting next Monday I will be over at Kevin's working on the Poupe.

Also, regarding July 16, 17, 18, that's not good for me. It turns out there was too much snow and a popular local event (Moonlight Madness) was postponed until that weekend. So I will be up wheeling at Bald.

Mike
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Just trying to get a little motivation going. Actually hoping to get this thing rolling. Are we in need of new members? I never hear anything any more. I know I can't complain, I haven't been very active myself. Sorry for that Kevin. I am busy through next Wednsday. Actually have a little cash coming in, and I REALLY need this. After that I'd like to get into the cars electrical. My friend Isaac is ready to do the body mods(welding the hood and door skins) for us. any news on a cage? Let's do it!

BigMike

Well the reason why I mentioned the engine swap at your place Bill is because I am a bit nervous about asking to do it here (I have not asked yet). I think I just won't ask and we need to be ULTRA careful that NO ONE gets HURT and that we finish it in one day, in and out, which we totally could do with multiple hands on the car
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

I have no qualms about doing an engine swap here. I just don't have the equipment to do the job comfortably. my garage is small and cluttered. I can cleanit up enough to do a clean swap, but we would definately be bumping heads. I think we could get space enough for 2 people, 3rd person would be stepping on those 2 though. The stands I have are just high enough to be a really good nuisance(about 3" too short). I have completed a couple swaps with this equipment, but it really wasn't very easy. Scale 1 - 10, a 7. When I suggested we not work here, I was actually thinking of you guys. I still do my work here. If you feel you want to endure the extra pain, welcome to my hell.