Good Quality Switches on cheap

Started by BigMike, August 10, 2010, 11:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMike

Here is what I am talking about Bill:

They look similar to this, but they are a bit larger. They come with 4 condoms: Red, Green Yellow, White. The nice thing is that they are solid, nothing moves around like the CHEAP ASS AutoZone garbage switches that only last a couple of months, or even worse, are dead on arrival.

Also, because they are smaller, you can mount more in less space, so it's a lot cleaner than the stupid plastic Chinese garbage switches
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

BigMike

I'm getting them for about $1.50 each or so, something like that, so they are also cheaper than the stupid AutoZone crap

I just like them a lot better. I've bought 4 or 5 of them but I've not put them to use yet. I am going to start using them in the MR2 soon.

Mike
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

Also you directly soder the wires to the switch instead of using STUPID wire crimp ends which are homosexual

Especially since reliability counts for the LeMons car..
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

I see the current rating is 1.5Amp. That would be enough to energize relays. The fuel and EFI relays would be fine with that, but I would prefer at least a 5Amp switch. Need a caouple momentary on switches for the wipers and starter also. The starter should have a relay. The wipers are going to have 2 switches in parallel, 1 momentary for light rain or mist and 1 to turn the system on. Probably wire the wipers for the medium speed. Could use a relay here also, but if we go just switch, 15Amp rating would be a minimum. Isolated circuits are planned to be fuel, EFI, starter, ignition, Fan(heating or cooling the cockpit[yeah, I wrote cockpit]).  Might consider a sprayer to wet the radiator in case of overheating.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Ohhhhh ok, I see what you are looking for

I used to shop at an amazingly cheap electronics website from the east coast, but I lost all my bookmarks and I can't find that site again. They had a HUGE listing of switches with full details...
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

AHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHA I JUST FOUND IT BY SEARCHING FOR A TIP120 TRANSISTOR DATASHEET!!! SA-WEEEET!!!!

Check this site out, they are EXTREMELY cheap compared to the Communist "Sparky Electric" here in town:

http://www.futurlec.com
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

Ok, check these out FOR ONLY 85 CENTS!!!

Clicky http://www.futurlec.com/SwToggle.shtml

• Heavy Duty
• Panel Mount with Switch Nameplate
• High Current Rating, 10 amp

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

What the heck, I didn't even notice that! OHHH NOESSS!!

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤