Chee's new Sept/1986 MR2!!

Started by BigMike, August 12, 2010, 06:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMike

Hey guys!

My co-worker Chee finally bought himself a MR2! He picked up a sweet 1986 1987 MR2 in great running condition for just $700!

It needs some TLC and Chee has a bazillion plans for it. He wants to start with the suspension, going to get some coil overs, and then build an ultimate normally aspirated engine.

Chee will have to get in here and introduce himself to the forum. He has owned a lot of Turbo cars including a Turbo Miata, Talon, and an older Nissan Z-car, like a 240Z I think.

Enough with the chatter, here are pics of his new baby! :D  So how do you like the MR2 Chee? Unlike anything you've ever driven?
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

Since we don't need premium parts for the LeMons car we can swap parts to improve his car. If all are in agreeance
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Hey Chee!!

I am with Misato in San Jose and I showed her the Chinese characters on the back of your car, and she said that it means, EXTREME

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Didn't know Misato could read Chinese!?!
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Quote from: Sirdeuce on August 14, 2010, 11:12:12 PM
Didn't know Misato could read Chinese!?!

It's not that she can read Chinese, but it's that Japan adopted many of the Chinese characters into their language called Kanji. So actually most all Japanese people can read a Chinese book in a sense where may read, "dog rain enter shelter" and then they can assume it must mean "it was raining so the dog entered the house" or something like that. It's like 70% of the time the can sort-of guess what the Chinese means. This is because there are some cases where the Japanese take the same Chinese character and completely change it's meaning.
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

So, would that be a proximal adaptation, or a Migrational carryover from China?

BigMike

Have no clue. I asked Misato how Japan started, if it was some explorers from China and she said she doesn't know. Hmmmmm interesting.... Maybe they are all aliens afterall
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Explorers from China? That would be a migrational carryover. Also, that would mean Japanese are actually
chinese decendants. Why do I see such friction between the two cultures? So similar to U.S.A./England relationship. I guess I now have a better understanding of the way some of my long lost friends were. The Shimadas and Hayashis never liked the Pings. And one girl ditched me after finding out I had seen a Chinese girl before her. What a drama that was!

Sirdeuce

What the heck is all this about anyway?? This thread is supposed to be about Chee's car!!

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BryanH

Sirdeuce

Hmmmm, new idea for team theme. The Gauady Elvii!!!

STUPID FAST

glad to be on board guys, and yes it was cheap, i low balled the guy pretty bad, anyways sorry it took so long for me to reply.  well as for the mr2, ill prolly turbo it, putting the turbo and intercooler in the back trunk (need that supra ic bill), i already have the turbo which is a dsm t25 from my bro inlaw for nothing, no shaft play at all,  im guessing it'll last me awhile if i dont go over 16 psi, fuel management, ill probably do megasquirt running 450cc dsm injectors with resistors, a 255 lph walbro fuel pump and tial wastegate but not needed, hks, dsm, greddy bov's i have all three of them but not sure which one im going to use probably going for the hks just cause that JDM Tyte YO!  and 2.5' exhaust.  exterior:  zg fender flares from a zcar, new side skirts, buddy club replica or toysport front, repaint red and these wheels:

http://www.esmwheels.com/main/product_info.php?cPath=21_34&products_id=50

probably go wingless. 

suspension: bc coilovers or homemade
engine: mike needs to give me his block in the back of the shop so i can put sc pistons in it.
hks cams, cam gears might not need them, springs and retainers oil filter relocation kit.

goal is to get 200 hp at the wheels

what do you guys think?

Sirdeuce

Look at Mikes old install on the IC. It's why he has the vent on the drivers side of his 2. Make an offer on the ic and I'll think about it. Need funds for builing this silly car. Oh yeah, when you want to exchange frunk hoods? I'll have this one off today.

STUPID FAST

whenever is fine.  but i need that ic though, how much?? if you can, can you cut off the out lining where the side vents goes, imma do what mike did with the vent on the driver side, if your not doing anything ill appreciate it. thanks