Water additives

Started by Sirdeuce, August 18, 2010, 10:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirdeuce

Any ideas on what to add to water to increases the heat carrying, transfer ability that won't be slickery on a road surface? Adding salt will increase the boiling point of the water and consequently the heat carry ability, but greatly reduces block life. Not sure how it would affect the heat transfer though. Alcohol is more volitile and has a boiling point around 170-180 degrees. probably not a good idea. Ideas?? Keep in mind, this would be for the LeMons car, so extended use is not a big consideration.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BryanH

What about stuff like Water Wetter and Purple Ice?  If I had to guess I'd say they probably ad to the slickness of water but I could be wrong.

Sirdeuce

The LeMons rules say water only. The additives are very slippery and hard to clean off the track. So, looking for something to enhance the water's abilities without using a slick substance that could be detected easily. Only real problem is if they test specific gravity.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."