December 3, 4 & 5, 2010: Arse-Freeze-Apalooza

Started by BigMike, October 11, 2010, 09:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMike

Okay guys,

I will FOR SURE attend the Arse-Freeze-Apalooza near Bakersfield this Dec 3, 4 & 5. This is a great opportunity to experience what this is all about and to get some great advice and tips from other teams. I also know this will spark a lot of motivation that we'll need as we get closer to the next Sears Pointless event next March.

Click here for a map to Buttonwillow Raceway

I plan on heading down Friday afternoon around 3pm, then return to Fresno later that night, and then head back Saturday morning to check out the inspections. If I am not too busy with school work, then I will stay all day Sat and also Sun.

Please let me know if you'd like to carpool or caravan with me.

Mike
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

STUPID FAST

ill have to check my schedule........yeah i think im free that day

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

As of the present date my book is full, of free time, I'd like to go! I do hope I'm working by that time, But the weekends are free as far as I know. Count me in!
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Friday 3 December 2010
Noon-5pm: Mandatory Friday Tech Inspection. Every car and at least one driver per team must be present for Tech Inspection on Friday. No Saturday Tech will be offered!

Saturday, 4 December 2010
7:30am: Gates Open
8:30am: Mandatory Drivers' Meeting
9am: Lil'Mons PowerWheels Race*
10am: Race Session I Start
Sundown: Race Session I End

My plans for Friday
I REALLY REALLY want to see the Tech Inspections, but I don't get off work until 4pm! >< So I am gonna try to get the afternoon off and leave Fresno at noon Friday. I realize some of you guys will be at work, but if you aren't working that Friday, please join me!

My plans for Saturday
As for Saturday, I am also gonna go check out some race action. The race starts at 10am and I want to be there for the green flag. So let's meet somewhere Saturday morning, and leave Fresno no later than 8am. :_order:

My plans for Sunday
none
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

Okay guys,

I posted a question on the Official LeMons forum regarding a Pit Pass for this event.

It turns out FRIDAY INSPECTIONS ARE FREE!!!!!!!!!!

And as for a Pit Pass, they say it is $20/day for a "Paddock Pass", which turns out to be an "Everything-but-driving Pass". So for $20 you get to do anything, walk anywhere you want except onto the track.

For Friday, inspection is free. We might have to sign some insurance wavier, but it should be free.
For Saturday, it will cost $20 and we can go to the pits, talk to other drivers, meet other teams.

BigMike :gap:
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

For the LeMons race, wouldn't it be appropriate to allow spectators on the track? Really test the drivers skill! Test the dodge car skill of the spectators too!
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Still open on the schedule! Unless I get called for work, I'd like that open seat Mike! Hell, even the wife is telling me to get out of the house!

BigMike

okay I still have to petition our manager to see if he'll let me go at lunch time on Friday. I might try to work extra hours Thurs evening or come in super early Fri morning.
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Sirdeuce

BigMike

Looks good! I think I'll be able to leave work @ 12 or 12:30! :thumbs:
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

I'll try to meet you at the shop! Or would you prefer to meet at your house?

Blane525