BigMike's Restoration Endevors

Started by BigMike, February 20, 2011, 03:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMike

Now that my car is back on the road and doing so well, I am going to start working on cleaning it up and making it look presentable.

I want to open this thread with some goals I've got in mind. Now that I've got a full-time income, I'll be able to really start cleaning it up. However, my wife and I are in the process of getting all our debt paid off first, so I won't be getting too serious about this until Fall.

Here is what I've got in mind at this time:
  • Flat-nosed 85-86 style front bumper

• Finish driver's side trunk air intake scoop

• Build reverse front hood scoop and lean radiator forward

• Replace any plastic and rubber parts as needed

• Panda black/white new paint job

• Black 15" Enkei RPF1 wheels

• New suspension bushings all around
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

BigMike

Here is an example of a Panda MR2. I really like this, especially with some black 15" wheels. Not sure about the hood graphics since I will be building a reverse hood scoop

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

Here are the Enkei RPF1 wheels as discussed in this thread. I like these over the Rota wheels for sure

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

Perhaps one aspect I'll work on first is my door panels. When I got my Supercharged donor car, it came with a spare set of doors with absolutely CHERRY panels, straight do the the original full un-faded "Window Lock" button text. The only problem is that they are BLACK :( I really love Blue but it is so much easier to find black interior parts, so I just may find myself converting my interior over to black.

I've already for a black radio bezel, black carpet and 2nd gen MR2 floor mats, black seats, and to-be-installed black door panels. Even my glove box lid is black however it is covered by a blue dash mat that needs to be replaced (with a black one maybe?)

I'll keep this thread updated when I install the new door panels, hopefully within the next 2 weeks :thumbs:
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

I'm getting more and more serious about going Panda. What do you guys think? :wave:
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BryanH

I think it's meant to be.   I also have black side skirts taking up space in the garage next to the black rear wing. ;)  And then there's the unpainted flat black air dam. 

Sirdeuce

If Mike doesn't want the ground effects, I'll take them!
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

Sirdeuce

If Mikey does want your ground effects, I'll take his old pieces for the Poupe'!
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

I've been making a lot of progress on my car in terms of repairing the little things that go unnoticed. Got a lot of plastic parts replaced that died from six years of mouse pee and/or sun light.

I've now officially got a new target to shoot for! HERE IS IT! I am gonna go AE86 theme on my MR2 like this. What do you guys think? I think I will be able for a new paint job next summer :thumbs: :thumbs:

This means my new black 6-spoke Rotas will need to get replaced with something more retro AE86. Any way, I think this is S-E-X-Y to the TEE!
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤