-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

I'll bring the mix and make a set while they watch.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

Sirdeuce

What;s up with the #8 by the ladder?
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Noooo clue

Hey Bill, get off your house phone! I just tried calling ya and it's busy!
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Ok, removed all the things I put in the interior and the windshield. Power washed the interior, frunk and engine compaqrtment, which now includes the area formerly known as the trunk. As soon as it dries I'll reassemble the interior and start the wiring. We now need a windshield and the goo to install it. Might need a couple of the seats for the glass to sit on too. To be honest though, the windshield won't be a necessity until just before the race.

Sirdeuce

Since the engine is torndown farther than expected we can shift our focus elsewhere. Need to get the rest of the suspension out of the white car and install the rest of the urethane bits. Here comes the tricky mods, the struts! It's been discussed, so now we need to make up our minds. Do we perform hocus pocus  with the stock rate springs or get a set of aftermarket springs? Either way, Mike will need to give his attention to manufacturing a couple of parts. Tomorrow the tank comes out of the white car, hopefully it's not filled with rust like Mike's tank was earlier this year. Since our engine is down I'll mock up an engine so I can get the engine wiring done. Slowed down a bit, but still moving along!

BigMike

Bill, I'm really sorry about today. I got home around 6pm, and I've just got too much homework to head up to your place. The plan was to leave work @ 4 and be back home by about this time, but that meeting too up more time than I had to give :down:

Quote from: Sirdeuce on October 19, 2010, 05:09:30 PM
Ok, removed all the things I put in the interior and the windshield. Power washed the interior, frunk and engine compaqrtment, which now includes the area formerly known as the trunk.
WOW! You've been keeping busy I see! I know I've already asked, but I'm wondering how the interior air ducting from the red car fared after you pulled everything out? I need to tear my interior apart and I was hoping to replace most of my ducting with parts from the red car.... if you still have any of them?

Quote from: Sirdeuce on October 19, 2010, 05:09:30 PMWe now need a windshield
How expensive is a sheet of Lexan? :dunno:

All we need to do is buy some rectangular sheet, trim it to fit, and then mount it up. I'm sure even a flat piece of Lexan can be mounted, it doesn't need to be a custom MR2 piece... A Lexan windshield would be a LOT lighter, and that is weight higher up on the car, so double whammy: Lighter + Lower CG
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

I won't be able to get up there until Wed of next week (!) I am leaving Friday after work for S.J. and am going to stay there until Tues night. I'm staying extra long because I won't be visiting Misato for 2 straight weekends. So I'll have some time to come up, maybe on an upcoming Saturday evening or Sunday. Regardless, 1 week from today what I'll do is come up after work (Wed next wk) and hang out until pretty late. I'll make sure to get all of my homework finished so I can make the most out of the trip.

Can anyone else head up there this weekend? Bill sure could use our help! :hyper:

Quote from: Sirdeuce on October 19, 2010, 05:26:59 PM
Since the engine is torndown farther than expected we can shift our focus elsewhere. Need to get the rest of the suspension out of the white car and install the rest of the urethane bits. Here comes the tricky mods, the struts! It's been discussed, so now we need to make up our minds. Do we perform hocus pocus  with the stock rate springs or get a set of aftermarket springs? Either way, Mike will need to give his attention to manufacturing a couple of parts. Tomorrow the tank comes out of the white car, hopefully it's not filled with rust like Mike's tank was earlier this year. Since our engine is down I'll mock up an engine so I can get the engine wiring done. Slowed down a bit, but still moving along!

Let me know how the tank turns out :crossed: Regarding the suspension, I say let's keep the stock springs but lower the spindle mount on the strut housing. Then run your good struts and we should be set. What do you guys think?

Mike
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

The ducting from the red car may not work in you car. I'm finding differences in the bolt patterns. I'm going to have to use the defroster ducting from the white car and it doesn't use the same mounting bolts as the red car has. I can't find the duct from the red car, I think I threw it out. Stock springs ok, are you ready to cut the perches on the lathe? I'll get Isaac to weld them back at the lowered height. This weekend we are supposed to go see little Liam! So not good to get together on that. We don't have to get Lexan for anything but the windscreen. every other piece can be the less costly plexiglass. Anybody know what happened to precision plastics?? As for the windsreen, I think the glass would be fine, but if we get the Lexan, we'll need a pattern to cut a good piece. I think the glass would be better for watershed in case of rain anyway.

Sirdeuce

Note on the pics of the ladder. It was Friday! You can tell that by the shirt I was wearing. Hawaiin shirt Friday!

Sirdeuce

I started demoing the wiring harness. I have a few basic circuits isolated and cut out. Weather permitting, I'll be working on the windshield wipers, brakelight and radiator fan circuits tomorrow. Should the radiotor have 1 or 2 fans? 2 fans on a single circuit or 2 fans on progressive circuits? Originally 1 fan was for cooling the radiotor in traffic and the second was for the A/C. Technically, if we run fast all the time we shouldn't need a fan at all, but under yellow flag situations we might need a fan for the lower speed. Also if drafting comes into play, the ram air can be interupted or blocked altogether. I say we run 1 fan, but what do the rest of you say about it? The wipers are going to be wired with 2 switches, 1 momentary on for mist and an on switch. Brake lights will be the light on the rear wing and above the rear visor.

Sirdeuce

Bad news Mike. The sensor in the radiator you brought me is not testing properly. I think it's the wrong one. It's supposed to be a switch that is closed below 180 degrees and opens at about 190 degrees. Not the case here. Contact with an ice cube gets me around 5K ohms. Room temp, 74 degrees sets up at 4.3K ohms. 180 degrees is about 2K ohms and boiling is pushing 1K ohms. Check your S/C manual to see if this is spec for your car. Anyway, I'll need the sensor from the other radiator. Maybe this sensor is spec for a JDM S/C. Who knows?

BigMike

:worthless:

Chee installed his coil overs and has already agreed to give us his old stock strut + spring assembly. I'll modify his parts and then bring them up to you for welding.

As for windows, we are only gonna run 1, right? Only the windshield / windscreen. Also, we can apply Rain-X to solve any streaking issues. :eyebrow:

As for the fan count, I say one and no more than one, that is plenty. Regarding the sensor, hmmm I am not sure what I gave you. Does it have a blue or white plastic base? Also, I have an adjustable thermostat here that I don't need. We can use that if all else fails.

:goodnight:
Mike
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

The struts, if you do cut the spring seats off, do make sure to index the seat to the strut before you cut. Make sure the marks are permanent, a sharpie mark is only good 'til you touch it then it's gone.
Glass, Windshield, and maybe the 2 rear side pieces, they didn't weigh much. We'll see.
The color of the sensor is blue. If the circuit is as I have in this idiot book. I believe this radiator is the one you had in  your MR2. Your overheating problem may have been a bad sensor, not radiator. In which case we may be able to use this radiator!

Sirdeuce

:willynilly: Team fecal's high tech shop has been hostily taken over by a very threatening entity!!! I haven't seen the little stinker yet but I know it's there! I can SMELL it! Frickin black and white kitty cat, yeah Pepe LePew wants to be a part of the team. I'll post a pic if I see it.