|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

I loved that scene! C'mon, take a bite!
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

Blane525

:thumbs: I knew that the whole thing was already figured out it was very bad of me to bring it up :doh:

Sirdeuce

going to attempt installing the mock engine Monday. Then I can start on the engine wiring.  Need switches soon.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

Sirdeuce

Ok, got the mock engine in the car.
1st pic, light weight empty trans case(thanks Mike) and block.
2nd pic, in the car
3rd pic, add a head
4th pic, add intake and various other pieces with necessary elictrical bits, I'll hang an alternator later
5th pic, add valve covers, we don't want our engine catching a cold.
Now I can get started on the engine's wiring.

Sirdeuce

Oh yeah, with the block and case bolted together it's light enough to lift with one hand, probably only 65 lbs os so.

Sirdeuce

Fun with fiberglass. The container of resin I had was about 10 years old. It had solidified through about 70% of the can. I cut the can open tho get the slug out, just messing around. the core was still semi liquid, so I broke it and collected the 'usable' rresin. The resin was practically a gell, but I used acetone to thin it out. Not really much left to use. I decided to play. I made a brake duct using the plastic piece I had purchased a while back. This fiberglass duct is less than half the weight of the plastic piece I used as a mold. The outlet is 2 1/2". Might be able to cut the turn signal light holes in the bumper a little bigger to fit these, use some of the expanded mesh I have to prevent the FOD from entering the duct and make it's way to the brake assembly.

BigMike

Quote from: Sirdeuce on November 15, 2010, 12:02:03 PM
Oh yeah, with the block and case bolted together it's light enough to lift with one hand, probably only 65 lbs os so.
How much power does it develop in this configuration?
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

1 worn out old fart power.

Sirdeuce

0-60 in yeah right
1/4 mile never in a day
top speed nnggghhh

Sirdeuce

I now have 2 of the ducts to vent air to the brakes. With a little fitment work these will do quite well. Now to look for the duct to get the ait to the brakes.

BigMike

holy smokes, thank you for the pics. We will need these to prove we (you) made them
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Can we run a 4AGE  with an open, no t-stat, cooling system?

Sirdeuce

Morre fun with fiberglass. I took this fan out of our boat, probably need to replace it anyway. Looking at the fan seems like it wouldn't flow much air, but it does flow quite a bit! Be plenty airflow for the defrost. Made a funnel to route air from the hot side of the radiator. It should be long enough to clear the planned foam airbox after the radiator. Now just need the ducting to route the air to the defrost difuser. Not too concerned about the cost on this little bit as the defrost should fall into the category of safety equipment. So should the brake cooling ducts!

Sirdeuce

Cut holes in bumper cover for brake ducts this morning. Fitment not quite perfect due to the angles in the bumper. I'll be able to fill these gaps with the urethane foam. I have run out of the resin from the old can, so glass work will stop for now. If anyone wants to get a can of resin and maybe some more glass cloth I can continue with this part of the car. I hate to ask, but I'm still not working.