status

Started by kdogae86, March 28, 2010, 09:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirdeuce

Found the hand written receipt for the white car. $200 bucks.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

Sirdeuce

Weather is getting better! Let's get back on this thing. Kinda hoping we lose Bryan. All of us should feel the same way on this one. Kick ass Bry!
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Isn't is supposed to rain tomorrow through Friday?
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

BigMike

Quote from: Sirdeuce on February 26, 2011, 01:49:10 PM
Ok, pics of the corrugated plastic.It's 39 1/2" wide and at least 20' long. Should be enough to cover the bottom of the car at least. A few tech screws and fender washers and we can have a smoothe bottom to the car.

:o :o
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Yeah this week sucks

Sirdeuce

It's all wet in the barn! Water flowed all the way across the floor this time! Here's a pic of our little fall today,  It was a torrent towards the end of the last storm. Probably only 10% of what was coming down before. Would have pics of the stronger flow if I knew how to use this camera.

BigMike

^^ WOW :o

Where is the pic of the smoking brake caliper you found in the road? Or brake pad?
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Had no camera, but I made a U-turn and went the other way! Kinda like knowing a drunk driver is in front of you.

BigMike

Maybe it was a nice stanley steamer?
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

I just looked through this entire thread and I'm so depressed that I haven't been able to help you more Bill :down:

I'm leaving tonight for San Jose (I'm taking tomorrow off to spend more time with the wife) and I'll be back very late Sunday night. I will try to come up a few times next week!! :yesnod:
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Days are getting longer, better chances of tgeting things done.

Sirdeuce

Take some time and lay under your 2. look for places that might be drag producing protrusions. Can they be improved by removing them or putting in a sheet of plastic, foam and glass cloth, etc. Look for places we can route air from beneath the car.
I.ve been considering the area just behind the front tires. Cut the fenders to allow the air to flow to the side of the car, and extend the side skirts foward to force the air upwards. Things like that. We can bump heads on it next time we get together.

BigMike

How about we put in an inverted spoiler under the car? Or whatever it's called, hang on a second...

EDIT: Okay I can't find what I'm thinking about. :smack: When it comes to my mind I'll post it up
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

How hard and expensive would something like this be? We could just thin sheetmetal?

Tesla Roadster (Lotus Elise-base):

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

I have that corrugated plastic sheet. Pay close attention to the control arm anchor points on our cars. Would have to do some contouring.