status

Started by kdogae86, March 28, 2010, 09:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdogae86

so whats the plan now? Oh and mike i think the word you were looking for was a splitter?

Sirdeuce

Hey Kevin, that rim you broke................. Still has 33 pounds of pressure in the tire!
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Quote from: Sirdeuce on March 31, 2011, 12:04:48 PM
I have that corrugated plastic sheet. Pay close attention to the control arm anchor points on our cars. Would have to do some contouring.

Sounds doable. I was even thinking of some simple plywood even.
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

BigMike

Quote from: kdogae86 on May 11, 2011, 09:31:46 PM
Oh and mike i think the word you were looking for was a splitter?

Ah! That is right, and we even have a thread for this: http://bigmike.marlincrawler.com/forum/index.php?topic=39.0 I just posted more pictures, see reply #4 :thumbs:
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

The corrugated plastic is lighter than plywood, and it was totally free.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BryanH

So guys if you haven't heard yet... I'm officially out for the 24 Hours of LeMons.  But in for the 24 Hours of LeMans.  :greengrin:   [That is the plan anyway - and it's not public knowledge yet, so keep it to yourselves for now!]

Long story short I won the 2011 GT Academy and am leaving the country in 2 weeks to become a Nissan factory driver in training.  My first international race will be this January in Dubai if all goes according to plan.  I spent the last two weeks in Europe, the first week in Silverstone England for the Academy competition, and the second week I was at the 24 Hours of LeMans as a guest of Nissan and the Signatech racing team.  So unbelievably awesome.  I was this close to the 787B as it started up (for the second time in my life), and was walking on to the grid five feet behind a Pugeot 908 as it was pushed on to the track.  Lots more happened but I can only type so much now as I have lots to do. 

We should all get together for dinner or something before I have to go live in England.  :) 

Sirdeuce

Under the circumstances, I can truly say I'm glad to see you go. If you can, keep us posted on your events and results. Best wishes to you! I'm sure we all want autographed pictures of you on the middle podium spot!

Sirdeuce

From my son Will, Best of luck as well. You're a great driver and you deserve it!

BryanH

Thank you Bill. :)  I will always remember my roots and my old friends. 

You guys up for dinner or something this Sunday evening?  I'm busy Saturday and basically Mon-Thurs next week, probably after that too....  I'll text BigMike and Kevin to look at this thread.

Sirdeuce

I'd love to do somethung like that. Rubbing elbows wth a pro racer! But sorry, have to say no to thius weekend. Spending pop's day with my son on the ocean! Are you going to race regularly? Possibly local (states)?

BigMike

Tomorrow night, 6pm, IHOP @ Sierra Vista Mall.

Would anyone rather go to Sweet River Bar and Grill? I like their food and atmosphere better and it's right next door to the IHOP
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BryanH

Bill are you in for Wed night at IHOP?  If so I will stop by for a bit before heading to dinner/business with my family.  Let me know here or have Mike text me or something. :)

BigMike

I would like to move tonight's meeting to the Sweet River Bar & Grill, right next door to the Sierra Vista IHOP (better atmosphere/food).

I created a thread for tonight's meeting with directions: http://bigmike.marlincrawler.com/forum/index.php?topic=369.0

BigMike
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

Here are pics from last Monday night

This is our dummy engine & transaxle (empty shells) just to help us visualize how things will look.

Bill has already completed most of the dash, having stripped it all down to only the essentials.

We discussed a lot about how to route the exhaust and what to do with the rear of the car.

As for the last picture, this is our sweet air intake mirror. Bill, I have a question: How/where are we gonna integrate an air filter?

For instance, if we do something like this, what sort of air filter will we use?
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

Here is some free material Bill found that we will use to build an aerodynamic flat belly undercarriage

Here is what's left of our original race car :yupyup:

Here is Bill's new billy goat. This little guy is AWESOME!! I love him! ... And here is the Donkey that is overseeing our build

And that's it for now. I am gonna pick the doors up from KDOGs place and start working on them. We need to get an engine built so we can get this thing running.

Bill, what about the engine that ran from the white car? Don't you still have it? Why not just slap that puppy in for now :idea:
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤