Roll center adjusters

Started by Sirdeuce, September 03, 2012, 04:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirdeuce

I have metal in plate form, 1" thick, in both steel and aluminum. I also have a set of blocks for my MR2 that can act as templates. The rear tie rods need to be given adapters to lower them. The front, I'm not sure how to go about that. Either raise the rack or rework the steering arms. Mike, Know of anyone that can properly bend our steering arms for a 1" drop?
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Wait, the blocks only space the control arm down. The placement of the knuckle (and therefore tierod) is set by the weight of the car and the spring rate. I don't think we need to bend anything, yeah? :headscratch:
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

Ask me about that when you see me again Mike. I was looking at dropping the suspension about 1 1/2". On the tie rods, at the limit of travel, it causes a 'kick' in the steering angle, resulting in a bump steer effect. The blocks allow the proper arc on the control arms to maintain camber changes with the suspension travel. And on suspension travel...... Can you find a spec listing on strut insert dimensions Mike? It would be nice to find a shorter body shock, mabe give us an extra inch in travel.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."