Toyota C-series 6-speed Swap Info

Started by BigMike, April 01, 2010, 09:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirdeuce

"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

Sirdeuce

If we are holding back on the first race, why not hold bac on the tranny too? It'll give us more time to get the powerband and gears working together. If we put closer eatios than the engine is tuned for the upshift will be too far above the torque band. Not that the AG has a HUGE amount of torque.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Quote from: Sirdeuce on April 26, 2010, 07:48:54 PM
If we are holding back on the first race, why not hold bac on the tranny too?

This is a good idea but I figured that since I am doing it to my car this summer FOR SURE, I want to build both my and the Lemons car 6-speed at the same time. Bill, I want to trade my modified C52/C56 transaxle to you for an unmodified C52. Are you interested? If so then I don't have to buy any 5-speed trans (I'll have one from you and the Lemons car already has one). Then I'll buy two broken C60 transaxles and gut 'em.

It shouldn't be a problem and I think it will REALLY help us out in the race.
Mike
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

Okie dokie, but you need to get 3 C60 trannys. I'll of course pay for one. When though? I know, I know, after June. You don't have to start with an MR2 trans you know. I have the tools to mod a FWD trans to fit.

Sirdeuce

How about a C-54? 3.545 1st, 1.904 2nd, 1.392 3rd, 1.031 4th, .864 5th. The list I'm looking at doesn't list the final, but chances are it'll be a 4.312. Comes from a Toyota Yaris.

Sirdeuce

I see you only have 1 E series trans listed. What about the E-56 from the S/C AE101?

BigMike

Quote from: Sirdeuce on November 02, 2010, 11:11:10 PM
I see you only have 1 E series trans listed. What about the E-56 from the S/C AE101?
That took a while, but I found the ratios:

GearE51E56

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

rev

Final     
4.285     3.944

Wow I didn't know they were that different! :o
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Wonder if we can swap the final from the 51 into the 56???? How about an E-58? And where are you getting you info? I looked all over and seems noone has it.

Sirdeuce

Using the program you put on the 'puter. Running 1.8 liter 7AGE with 140 horse and 135 torque. The best trans for the car turned out to be the E-56. That was comparing C-56, E-51 and E-56.

Sirdeuce

The torque the 7AGE produces will be the deciding factor on the trtans selection. You still got those GZ axles?

BigMike

Quote from: Sirdeuce on November 06, 2010, 08:07:50 PM
You still got those GZ axles?

Only if you're lucky! Which, actually reminded me about something... You will need SC spindles in order to run the larger SC axles. Therefore, we need to save the rear spindles from the White donor car & run them in the back of the Poupẻ. Then you can run the Poupẻ's SC spindles on your MR2

edit: corrected "run the Poupẻ's SC axles" which should be "run the Poupẻ's SC spindles"
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Sirdeuce

:dunno:Alright mike, the S/C axles are 31.4mm diameter 24 spline count. Waayyy too big for the 6 speed!

MR2racer58

Hey guys, can anyone tell me if the MR2 C52 bellhousing will fit the the 2000 Celica C56 gearbox?