Main Menu

VIDEO WAR!!

Started by BigMike, April 11, 2010, 09:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirdeuce

Group B cars were the most insane racers out there! Super light weight, rediculous power levels! I think they typically ran 600+ hp with weights in the 1400 lb range! Deemed too dangerous and banned. I still blame the spectators for that. Imagine where they would be today?! Escudos for everyone!!
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Quote from: BryanH on December 10, 2010, 09:31:54 PM
The awesome insanity of Group B rallying:
WOW that is an AWESOME VIDEO! I've not watched the whole thing yet but am downloading it now :gap: Did you see the mid engine allwheeldrive Ford RS200 at 1:30? AWESOME
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

BigMike

That NSX tribute has a clip from Senna, that is pretty sweet. I'd love to make a MR2 video like this

Quote from: Ayrton SennaBy being a racing driver you are under risk all the time. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, competing to win. And the main motivation is to compete for victory, it's not to come 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th. I race to win as long as I feel it's possible. Sometimes you get it wrong? Sure, it's impossible to get it right all the time. But I race designed to win, as long as I feel I'm doing it right

Quote from: Ayrton SennaWhen you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough.

Quote from: Ayrton SennaWinning is the most important. Everything is consequence of that.

Quote from: Ayrton SennaYou must take the compromise to win, or else nothing. That means: you race or you do not.

Quote from: Ayrton SennaThese things bring you to reality as to how fragile you are; at the same moment you are doing something that nobody else is able to do. The same moment that you are seen as the best, the fastest and somebody that cannot be touched, you are enormously fragile.

Quote from: Ayrton SennaAnd so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

Quote from: Ayrton SennaAnd suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.

Quote from: Ayrton SennaBecause in a split second, it's gone.

Quote from: Ayrton SennaBeing second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Quote from: Ayrton SennaFear is exciting for me.

This might be a repost, but here is Senna test driving a NSX:

http://www.youtube.com/v/8By2AEsGAhU?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BryanH

Ha, that one's great!

Didn't know you were a Senna fan Mike.  Will you be going to see the Senna documentary when it comes out next year? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9SJYmFi0m0

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

Quote from: BryanH on December 11, 2010, 09:21:38 PM
Didn't know you were a Senna fan Mike.  Will you be going to see the Senna documentary when it comes out next year? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9SJYmFi0m0

WOW that is gonna be AWESOME! When does it come out? I'm all over that
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

I can watch this over and over and over and

I think it's that crazy pedal tapping technique (see the NSX video above) that allows him to drive at the limit on wet surfaces

http://www.youtube.com/v/A4Cfpaun978?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

I love that Hilux bit! Were those guys wearing seatbelts???
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BryanH

Quote from: BigMike on December 16, 2010, 06:52:06 PMWOW that is gonna be AWESOME! When does it come out? I'm all over that
I thought it was going to be this spring, but according to IMDB maybe never in this country. ? 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1424432/releaseinfo

I'll have to find other ways to see it. 

Of course you can just watch the Japanese version. :)

kdogae86