Main Menu

Toyobaru FT86

Started by Sirdeuce, April 19, 2010, 07:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirdeuce

I think I found my next car. 
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BryanH

I love it too.  Last I heard Toyota scrapped that design and are coming up with something new.  I think they'll be hard pressed to top (or even match) the car above.

And they say it will be light.

Sirdeuce

The Subaru boxer they plan to use has been rated at 200-250hp. Hehehe (slightly devilish chuckle)
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Hey, check this out: http://www.tune86.com/ft-86-content/toyota-ft-86-concept-and-ft-86-g-sports-concept-technical-facts

It looks like the Toyota version will also be available with a Turbo!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!

QuoteOn January 15, 2010 Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) announced its plans to begin a gradual rollout of its newly developed "G Sports" (G's) sports conversion car series. The series will sold through Toyota-brand dealers.

The car is based on FT-86 Concept ('09 Tokyo Motor Show exhibition car). It features such carbon fiber upgrades as front lip, bonnet with air vents and rear spoiler. A turbocharger and intercooler is added to the horizontally opposition 2000cc engine.

Here are some pics, this looks AWESOME!

WOW, I LIKE THIS A LOT
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

BigMike

Layout:           FR layout (Front Engine, Rear Wheel Drive)
Body type:      3-door coupe, 4 seats
Platform:         shortened Subaru (Impreza/Legacy?)
Engine:           Turbocharged 2000cc horizontally opposed D-4s boxer
Wheelbase:    2,570 mm
Length:           4,190 mm
Width:             1,720 mm
Height:            1,230 mm
Base color:      white (majiyora)
Brakes:           ADVICS
Wheels:          19 inch alloys
Tyres:              Potenza RE050 (RE-11 at TAS 2010)
                       (Front 245/40R19, Rear 275/35R19)
Other Upgrades:   
      Rollcage
      Recaro bucket seats
      carbon fiber hood (bonnet)
      carbon fiber front lip
      carbon fiber wing spoiler
      upgraded bumpers and fenders

Target price: 37,500,000 Yen
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

Not good! :(

QuoteThe head of Toyota's newly created sports vehicle department, Tetsuya Tada, told Autocar that his team had increased the target age group by 10 years, from the 30s to 40s, after market research revealed that fewer younger buyers would opt for the sleek coupé than first thought.

That sucks!!!!!
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

You sure on that price????? 37500000 yen?

BigMike

Quote from: Sirdeuce on April 24, 2010, 08:54:01 PM
You sure on that price????? 37500000 yen?

I copied and pasted. Yeah, that is like .4 million dollars US hahahaha The link Bryan posted says the range will be between 13,000 to 17,000 pounds, or about 20,000 to 26,000 US.
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Whew, I thought Toyota lost it's mind on the pricing! I could go for that price.