Bevin's MGB Motivational Thread

Started by BigMike, June 02, 2010, 07:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdogae86

Sirdeuce

I have that 4G62t in my garage. Came out of a Tredia. Get the trans out of a Mitsu pickup and you're set. Another idea is the 2.6 from a Starion. You might have access to one soon enough, if Chee gets his JZ. The 4G62t is a 1.8 liter with a decent output. I believe the stock output was 135 hp easily upgraded to about 160 with just intake aqnd exhaust mods.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

I'll tell ya right now he doesn't want the Starion engine. He is looking for a simple high revving engine, not a big and brute large displacement motor.
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

I've been around guys that have the 2.6 spinning to 8,000 rpm! Sound like stock 4AGE revving.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

Sirdeuce

The 4G62 is rev happy once the turbo kicks in. Really only suggested the two engines above due to the possible ease of availability on the 2.6, and the one in my garage is available now. And if Bevin went with the 4G62, the switch to a 4G63 is almost a drop in change, uses the same mounting points. Minor changes in the wiring. Minor exhaust possible. I don't really want anything for the engine. I think I still have all the parts too. The turbo still turns freely. Just tring to help out.  It's alway easier when parts are available and cheap.

Blane525

HAY THIS THREAD IS OFF TRACK! :snare: :tantrum: Cheap affordable yes SETTLE HELL NO! 1.8 suck it. Big Mike has one AND its BLOWN.... want to start with an engine that is n/a 200HP  i am going to do one engine swap! and then let ALL others will work to get there. THEN i can afford the blower  :eyebrow: :deal:

Sirdeuce

Ok. geezhe just trying to help. no need to bite my head off. :dunno:

BryanH

I thought the car was getting an F20C.  No?  I think it's worth it if you can swing it.  What a motor (and transmission).

Blane525

Now Now no biting sorry just want to do the right build  :rivers: guess dreaming's not to bad... I will try to be more possitive about feed back  :therethere: :whistle:

Blane525

I was looking on line and found the acura motor is front of the engine on passenger side! does this meen that it spins the other way? anyone have a clue.. the Honda is on the driverside.. :dunno:

Sirdeuce

As far as I remember, all the Honda engines spin counterclockwise. But who knows, maybe they got one right.

Blane525

Thanx Bryan this has been a full time job you know how it works the second you buy one you find one for half! :smack: :smack: enough to make me  :puke:

BigMike

QuoteThe K series engines in the RSX, TSX and S2000 (F20C) spin clockwise.

So that guy is saying the K20 spins CW. stupidfast, is this true?
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Blane525

Very nice the k series are very avai :crossed: lible still first choice would be the F20 for  :smokin: sure