status

Started by kdogae86, March 28, 2010, 09:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMike

Quote from: Sirdeuce on November 02, 2010, 06:40:26 PM
I was planning on separate circuits for the EFI, fuel pump, charge, ignition and accessories. That way, if a circuit melts down it doesn't take another with it.

Sounds good. Also, I'm sure we'll think of 101 things for preventative measures such as zip tying rubber or some other non-conductive material to the main hot posts of the alternator, starter, and of course the battery. I can't wait until I get more time to help you out. Currently I am at a Dennys working on my Solidwork assignments that are due tomorrow morning @ 7:30a.

Mike
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

3rd of November, 78 degrees ooutside. Hell with the car, I'm sitting on the deck and watching the mountains grow!
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Bill,

Chee was talking to me about running dual throttle bodies on his 2ZZ, and he sent me this picture:

So, I was wondering, let's run dual throttle bodies on the Poupẻ!! Run the MAP system and do this:
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

^^ Whoops, that is a Corolla intake manifold so the black block-off plate would be on the opposite site for our AW11 manifold :thumbs:
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

I was suggesting that before Mikey! Should be somewhere on this forum. I have the parts, let's do it!
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

STUPID FAST

How about this? Think we could fit it in the compact MR2 engine bay? One on each side

STUPID FAST

BigMike

DUDE!!!!!!!! WOW THAT IS BAD TO THE BONE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill, we've got a tig welder here! The uglier it looks the better!! HAHAHA :yupyup:

What about the EFI system? If we keep the air flow meter, then this is worthless. But if we go MAP then this is AWESOME! :beerchug: :beerchug: :burnout:
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

The first won't fit, ad is a bad idea. Think about it, the air coming in a t both ends will cause soooo many problems with the 2 and 3 ports. I like the 2nd type. It's more direct to the port runners and won't conflick each others flow. The one you have pictured on Chee's thread would be good except for the clearance to the bonnet. Best for a MAP system, but we could do it with an AFM. A  little magic with the plumbing and..........
Hey! We have no firewall to the trunk!! Look at #2 and think about putting the TB's on the other side! How about eliminating the plenum altogether and mount the TB's on the lower part of the runners and eliminate the port dividers!

Sirdeuce

More like this!

Sirdeuce

This is a sickness.

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

WE HAVE TO DO THIS!!!!!!
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

STUPID FAST

Do they allow this on the race car? I mean its not like we're spending any money one doing this.