Bevin's MGB Motivational Thread

Started by BigMike, June 02, 2010, 07:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMike

Last Wednesday I went up to Bevin's house to kick-start his motivation with this project. The two of us cleaned out his MG and Bevin got to sit in the drivers seat for the first time EVER. He has owned the car for NINE YEARS and has not once sat in it yet. Hopefully this gets him going with it!!

On to the pics!

If you check the pic in the top banner, you'll notice his car served as a storage shelf. So the first thing we did was take all the stuff off the top of the car

Check out the sweet rollers the car is sitting on. MAN these are N-I-C-E!

Last registered in....

Some shots of the convertible roof

-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

BigMike

This brings back a lot of memories of my car 8)

Hmmmmm yeah gonna need some work in here ;)

The dash is pretty cool actually. I like it a lot

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

And we began to clean...

and clean...

and clean some more

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

Check out the stock powerhouse

This is a twin cam 1.8 liter BMC engine 8) We're talking 87 HP @ 5,500rpm and 105 TQ @ 2500rpm WOOT!

Next it was time to start on the interior. W-o-w what a mess. The stock carpet was like some old 60's style shag'n carpet. Everyone really was doing drugs in the 60's & 70's :o

The interior took the most amount of time to clean, and it was a lot of work. As a result, I didn't take many pics except for the large trash bag we completely filled up (this bag is a good 4-feet high!)

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

Finally, here is the shot of the driver's side interior cleaned out (still have a lot to clean on the passenger's side)

There is some floor pan rust but it doesn't appear to be rusted through. At least not from first inspection. We'll have to do some grinding to figure out the extent of damage.

Here is another shot of the gauges. 6,000 RPM redline and 120 MPH on the speedo 8)

Check this out, this is 1 of 2, yes 2 battery bays behind the seats. The car featured two 6-volt batteries, and the system is a Positive ground, meaning that all metal points on the chassis and body are a positive +12volts (opposite to what we have today)

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

And finally, the moment you've been waiting for:

BEVIN IS SITTING IN HIS MG!!!!!!!!

WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!
CHECK THAT OUT!!

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

At this point Bevin began making a bunch of car sounds as if he was 5 years old

Spit flew from his mouth of his mimicked the sound of a S2000 F20 powerplant

Here he is shifting through all 6 gears of the Honda transmission

Here he is checking out that blond in the red dress he just drove by

Here he is turning the A/C on

And finally, here he is tuning his radio to listen to some Cyndi Lauper

It looks great Bevin! GET ER DONE!!!
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Blane525

Quote from: BigMike on September 22, 2010, 10:14:44 PM
This brings back a lot of memories of my car 8)

Darrel's Mini Storage should have refunded you if your car was this bad!

Blane525

ooh baby lets get the word's off the net to one of Cindy's! songs. But meanwhile :) bring on some Olivia... Linda or Pat 8)

BigMike

I've got video proof of Blane525 at the Big Fresno Fair listening to Cyndi Lauper live!
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Cyndi Lauper!? Now that's my kind of woman!! Espicially after a visit from by buddy Mr. Walker, Johnny Walker! If his cousin Jack comes along, anything goes!
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

STUPID FAST

ok bevin this is what you need, screw the f20c and the k-series motor, if i were to built a honda i would do this build, this is comparing the g23 built against a k24 vtec which is supposed to be the big boy of all honda motors now.  this is using 100% all stock honda parts interchangeable and will produce over 200++ hp and would be bad ass.  if you want to go mid-engine then look into doing a H2b or G2b if doing this setup using a adapter kit http://www.quartersportsdrag.com/Kit_Contents.html to mate to a B series tranny for better gear ratio.  the reason why they called it a g23 is because your using a f23 block which is a 2.3L out of a accord single cam and using a h22 vtec head mated onto the f23 block which is G23 because in the alphabet, its "FGH" so they used the G cause its in between F and H in the alphabet.  theres also many ways on mix matching honda motors,  LSvtec which is a b18b or b18a non-vtec using a b16 vtec head which is like a non ported and cammed version of the b18c5 type R head and also can use b18c1 head off of a GSR integra vtec same with a later b20 which cam in the honda CRV.  but enough with the B series, where talking honda big block here! H and F series can be interchageable but im not sure if the s2k f series is, last i heard some guy in honda-tech.com was doing a k20 head onto a h22 block and made over 300 hp   

here is a web site on how they compared the G23 against the K24:

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp_0902_k24_vtec_versus_g23_vtec_tech_knowledge/index.html

ive heard of all motor h-series doing over 300+ which is insane

STUPID FAST

Hell i might just sell the 2zzge and build me a honda motor for the mr2 cause they're so much easier to make power

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤