What Supercharger is this??

Started by BigMike, November 26, 2010, 03:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMike

Can someone please identify this Supercharger. I've been looking around online and I can't figure out what it is. All I know is it's a Twin Screw (DUH!)

Is this made by Autorotor ? Is it a Whipple?

Thanks-

-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

Maybe an older Lysholm? Whipple is a possibility.  Not sure if any manufacturer uses billet or extruded bodies any more. If you want to check out a really cool supercharger, look up Latham! Axial type compressor.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

I'm just thinking about SC14 alternatives. Sure I love the SC14 because it is an OEM Toyota part and it will be easiest to get right past my smog technician (it looks nearly identical plus it's hidden down low), but because it is hidden down low, I bet I could also get away with a twin screw type more efficient blower and perhaps get 20 psi out of it instead of only 16 or 17 psi out of the SC14.

The only problem is that these rarely have magnetic clutches, but I am willing to make the JDM SC12 clutch fit it, that would be sweeeet.
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Eaton superchargers. Might be able to adapt the M62 clutch to the M90 without too much trouble. Might be easier for someone with school smarts!
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

The M62 was available with a clutch? show me an example
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Mercedes, I have one in my garage.

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Don't have pics, just going by memory. I know I've seen that charger somewhere though.