New rules for 2011

Started by BigMike, December 10, 2010, 04:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMike

RULE CHANGES FOR 2011
Since Carolina's deadline is tomorrow (and Houston's the week after that), we figured it was high time to show you the updated 2011 LeMons Rulebook.

Not much has changed; mostly, it's just clarifications of existing rules and policies. There are a few substantive differences, tho, probably these ones the biggest:

* People's Curse voting gets re-thought again. It used to be too easy to get cursed; lately, it's been too hard. The 2011 system ought to fall right in between.
    * Minimum helmet standards are going up--it'll be SA2005, rather than SA2000.
    * Seatbelt life gets extended--belts are now good for 5 years, not 4.
    * Shoulder harnesses can't be further apart at their mounting points than at their seat-entry points. (A minor, easy tweak that can give big gains in safety.)
    * Cars will need all of their doors, and OE hoods.
    * Shortened (aka "cut-down") cars will be exceedingly unlikely to pass tech.
    * Nomex socks become mandatory.
    * No more fuel rigs, dry brakes, fuel-transfer pumps, etc: For 2011, you can fuel from the track pumps or hand-held, 5-gallon-or-smaller jugs only.

That's the important stuff, but make sure to check out the full 2011 Rulebook here and the 2010-vs-2011 strikeout version here. These links are also up now on the regular LeMons Rules Page.

Best regards & see you at the track--JL

Jay Lamm, Chief Perpetrator
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

BigMike

So looks like we can't just graft on door sidings anymore. We should remove as much material as possible from the doors regardless.

I see they say no more fuel-transfer pumps, but this is included in the sentence for pit-related fuel procedures. I wonder if this is referring to pit-side or car-side? :headscratch:
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

OHHHH NOES!!!!!!

From the new rules PDF linked above, http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/usercontent/lemons/2011rules.pdf:

Quote3.25: Fuel Tanks/Fuel Cells: All fuel systems, including OE fuel tanks and aftermarket fuel cells,
must be sound and in good working order. Maximum allowed capacity is 24 gallons or less. Fuel
tanks or cells must be completely behind, or completely in front of, the driver. No second fuel
tanks allowed
unless OE parts in their OE locations.

DANG!!!
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Hey!!!!! Our tank is mounted 6" from our right leg! Doesn that mean we have to relocate our tank?
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

Sirdeuce

Oh, never mind, I need to read ALL of the post.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

Sirdeuce

From what I read on the doors............. The door has to be in place, not complete.