Oh Miiike... BigMike to the white courtesy phone!

Started by BryanH, December 22, 2010, 07:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMike

That is QUITE the project! :thud:

220-230 HP @ 10 psi boost.......... I don't know about that. The improved flow characteristics of the 20-valve head are nullified with boost anyway. But MAN that would be sweet to say you owned a Supercharged 20-valve!! :yesnod:

Great find, thank you for sharing! I wonder what's with the dual intercoolers. Maybe he is referring to an A2A IC plus water injection? In that case I had 3 intercoolers on my HIPSI v2.0 engine!

Mike
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

Turbo or supercharging a 20v would have neck breaking mid-range throttle response! Due to the ITB's, the flow would be phenomenal with boost! Still need the tuning to match though. Although, the set-up in the pic would benefit from a larger plenum. Using the stock B/T funnels to duct inlet air to the TB's is really ingenious! Better to build the plenum with short outlet tubes, cut down the ram tubes and go straight to the TB's from the plenum.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

I was just thinking that if his HP numbers are accurate, then the VVT really does make a HUGE difference, in which case, I need to get my VVT concept cam gear into a working prototype!!!!!
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2