MR2s

Started by BigMike, January 25, 2010, 10:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirdeuce

Oh and that 'extend past the ORIGINAL bodywork lines' thing doesn't apply here then. The original bodywork line is more than a foot rearward of the nerfbars ideal location.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

I'll be up to play with the white car for sure :thumbs:
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

How about a tapered bob tail? Look at LM series cars. I'd throw in a pic, but internet service is slower than the old 256k dial-up right now. I like the rear of the Toyota 88C car. Looks possible with the length of the MR2's trunk. Could even attempt to mimic the front as well. A bit of foam and glass.  Here's a linkwww.racingsportscars.com/type/photo/88C.html . I like the Daytona version as it would work well with the MR2 rear wing.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

I couldn't get any pics to load on that site?
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

What happened? The photos were there when I posted the link. I even checked the site. Try doing a search on the car style then.

BigMike

These guys got a 2010 Camry 4cyl engine into a 1988 MR2, but they weren't able to bribe the judges and got majorly penalized.

But one thing I noticed that I thought I'd post about is that they eliminated the back triangle section of the B-pillar. Check it out:

Interesting. Saves a little bit of weight (and its weight up high). If our car is already setup with poor areos, then doing something like this might not hurt too much. But I think this would make the care look like crap. The MR2 has that nice roof line, they ruined it :(

Check out the Shark Fin atop the trunk lol
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

This thread needs some updates, so here goes!!

Some huge trunk scoop

Not sure if this one is a MR2 or not

Hmmm? Did they stretched this one?

And lastly...................

Bill!! Look! :eye: :eye: Someone did a truck delete!!  :o :o

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

I like the one with the trunk removed, but poor poor placement of the ECU. They left the engine's brain on the ass of the car!  One swift kick in the but..................... Brain dead! And #17 with the wing mounted high, I like that!

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

The now defunct Altimont.