status

Started by kdogae86, March 28, 2010, 09:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMike

First, consider these options...

Then take a look at how the 222D rally car's above the cab air intake. Pretty sweet! :_order:

-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

BryanH

Hey did you guys (Mike, Bill?) pick up the plethora of MR2 parts from the side of my house yet?  Got an email from my parents last week I think saying the stuff was still there.  My internet connectivity is very limited for now so I can barely check in once a week.  Don't call/text as my phone is still on AT&T and it costs a fortune.  Best way to contact me for now is email (bryan64@gmail.com) but even that is sketchy for the moment.  Trying to unlock my phone to use a UK sim card but it's not going well....

Anyway, gotta go, just wanted to check if you guys got the parts yet.

Sirdeuce

Sorry Bryan, not yet. Our schedules haven't been cooperating.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Bill, I'm able to meet you out there either today after work, tomorrow after work, or sometime this weekend (I'll be in town).

Mike
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

I work 'til 2:30 Saturday if that works.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Later Saturday afternoon is good for me as I have to head up to Oakhurst around 5-6pm and I can meet you out at Bryan's on my way outta town. Can you hang around in town until 4 or 5p?
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Sirdeuce

Accepting donations for supplies :help: We need piston rings and plywood. And so on.......

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

I got $20 and a handful of change

Sirdeuce

I'll bring you my $20 and you can get the epoxy resin for the car. How's that sound?

BigMike

I've got $20, now where do I buy this sacred epoxy resin?
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

How about this one Bill? Please give me the green light to buy this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/280255931847
EPOXY RESIN MARINE BOAT BUILDING HIGH IMPACT 32 OZ.KT
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

That'll work. Might need more later, but should go pretty far.

Sirdeuce

At long last! New modification! Cut the bottom rear sheetmetal. Now, to figure the way to install the corrugated plastic sheet. Hmmm, follow the contour of the suspension brackets? Just go flat across the bottom? There is still a lip about 1/2" wide around the cut out.  Good place to install reinforcing for the covering.