status

Started by kdogae86, March 28, 2010, 09:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirdeuce

I'll post image later, but, I picked up some 3/4 X 3/4 angle at the job site. these pieces were used to keep the bottom of metal door frames from collapsing. Throw away items! Free! They can be used to support the plastic under the rear of the car.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

Sirdeuce

Remember that ladder we found on 180? Well, I started disassembling it and have a piece to use as an example. I just used 2 sided sticky tape to do a temporary mounting to give an idea. After shaping, I'll mount with pop rivets. Voila, free and cheesy canards!
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

WOW I like it!

AWESOME USAGE!!
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

Look at the back of the car in the cutout pic above. We can use plywood to mount downward facing "fins" to a few inches lower than the mudflaps. They would be mounted to the outside of the cut out section. The canards are just an example, but with a little shaping and proper mounting they should be more attractive and hopefully (semi) functional.

Sirdeuce

Oh yeah. I was looking through the barn for material to use on the car and foun some veneer plywood. Could glue it together to make a 1/4" or so thick plywood that might be strong enough for the splitter.

Sirdeuce

Found this 4" 90 degree elbow, not any idea what it's for, but it might work as an intake port for the car. The filter assy. I have in the pic has a 4" inlet that fits up really well. Mind is swimming with possibilities!

Sirdeuce

I'm guessing this went from let's do :thumbs: it to never mind  :thumbdown:. Is anybody interested in the least?

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

It's a new year! The birds arre frozen, the bears are hiding and the Little Deuce Poupe' is rusting. What plans haveth ye?

BigMike

Did someone say plans?
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Tired of looking at the projects around here. Starting to get some things to put into them.

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Mike, If you remember the rear motor mount fitment problem, I found a solution. The front mount from a FWD Corolla will make up the difference. Just gotta wait 'til the wrecking yard doesn't require a snorkel.

Sirdeuce

To reduce weight a bit further........ Plexiglass to replace the trunk and bonnet?

BigMike

Snorkel?

YES! We really need to do something about that hood + trunk lid, it is waaaaaay heavy! A clear plexiglass scrap somewhere would look really ghetto cut with a handsaw which would please the judges :idea:
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤