Driving impressions, rants and raves

Started by Sirdeuce, October 08, 2012, 09:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirdeuce

I've driven my share of cars. Owned a few as well. Currently have a Corolla FX16 GTS and Mazdaspeed3. Both cars are an absolute kick to drive.But....... As a devout Toyota fanatic, I hate to offer praise to any but Toyota or bash a Toyota in any way. Too bad in this case. My wife and I took a Corolla 'S' on a trip to the SF Bay area this last weekend and the only definition I can come up with for the 'S' is sleepy, snooze, subdued, snore and so on. A manual trans may have helped, but I think not. The suspension is not as good as the suspension in my '73 Celica, more akin to an American luxury car(boat on the water).  The absence of any noise from the engine can lull you into a coma on a trip of any length. Steering feedback is like an American luxury car, none. After a trip into town I have to take a nap, it's that boring. What happened Toyota?? Did you lose a bet with Nissan or Honda? Get back to what you once were and stop disappointing. If the Corolla has turned into this traquilizer, and is any indication of Toyota's current idea of of , I think I'll pass on the Scion FR-S.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Goooooooooooooooo Toyota S options!!!!!!!!!

Wait, pass on the Scion FR-S? You can't say this until you go test drive one! I mean, just look at this!!

http://www.youtube.com/v/UG2RuRk1R3s?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

Just making a crack on the lacluster 'performance' of the Corolla S.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Whatever, the newer Corolla's are a true performance-bred and performance-oriented all-out bar-none sports car

-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2