status

Started by kdogae86, March 28, 2010, 09:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMike

Quote from: BigMike on April 29, 2010, 12:53:30 AM
....insert those images to your post using the following code structure:
[img]http://link.to.uploaded.image.file.jpg[/img]

I forgot to add that this is how I usually attach images to my posts. I have a photobucket.com account where I upload pics and then link them to my post using the image tags.

[img].....enter......image........URL........location........here.....[/img]

Also, many of the pictures I post are not actually mine. I search for them and copy their URL location and then add them to my posts, like this:

This way I can keep typing below the image which allows additional responses regarding the image I placed above. I did not upload that image above, I just copied it's URL from some other website and used the img /img tags to insert it into this post.

Just remember that if the image is like 1600x1200 pixels, it will be HUGE on this forum and will be difficult to view. Try to resize images to 800 wide by 600 tall or smaller if possible. Just use the width= height= option to downsize large images.

Two things to remember:
  • If the image is too large and you need to downsize it using the built in width= height= option, then you'll need to retain the images aspect ratio so it doesn't look distorted. For instance, the image I linked to above can be easily distorted by manually over-riding its width and height values, like this:

• Some websites don't allow Hot Linking so even through you enter the proper img code, the image may not appear on the forum. If this happens you'll need to either save the image from the source website and then either attach it to your post or upload to an image hosting website (as described in my previous post), or you'll need to search Google for another copy of the image if possible.

Regards,
BigMike
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

The hills are alive with the sound of horsepower.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

Sirdeuce

Give us a guesstimate on the weight of the pieces that won't be going back in. Do you think it will offset the safety equipment?
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

When do you guys think we should worry about the doors? I think for convenience sake, we should wait to pull the doors and skin them until we are ready for cage work. Because the door skins will be integrated with the roll cage side bars.

But it would be interesting to know how heavy a fully dressed door is 8)
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

We should wait 'till the car is done mechanically before we do the door skins. Means the door crossbars will wait too. Think about it, who wants to have to work on an MR2 without being able to open the door. Feet through the T-top.

BigMike

My thoughts exactly
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

kdogae86

also havent pulled the heater box out yet. gonna pull carpeting and check on pulling the heater box out tonight.anyone
wanna come over and share in the fun?  would also like to install replacement left front hub and throttle cable. alot easier to
install cable with no dash to fight. could pull the springs out of the struts if i can find away to hold the cartridge.

kdogae86

we could still remove doors and cut innards out to be ready to for install

Sirdeuce

Wife is ill tonight. Otherwise I'd be down there. As for the doors, we could definately cut them. Cut from a few inches from the top all the way to the bottom. The metal on top is for mounting to the cross brace in the roll cage. Try to keep from damaging the regulators. Keep them for salvage sales, mirrors and power lock solenoids too. How much fuel is in the tank?

BigMike

Sorry I couldn't make it. Just two more weeks and my semester is over. I've gotten this far while ignoring hobbies, I can make it another 2.

Mike
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

On another note, do you guys have the receipt from the wrecking yard for the throttle cable? I know we don't have to show that we bought it, but if we are under $500 then it would be cool to show more evidence of purchases to prove that we did our due diligence in keeping tracking of our budget. So just keep it just in case we need it later.
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

kdogae86

Ill have to look for it. hope i didnt through it away. pulled the heater box out last night so now we are all the way to the front. Now we are into a mass of wiring to go through. its cool to see it sort of coming together. i have no idea of the weight that was pulled out. the heater
box was pretty heavy. but the car will be drivable soon if we put the suspension back together

Sirdeuce

What throttle cable? We didn't buy no stinking throttle cable!

BigMike

KDog, I have to go to the shop tonight to work on my truck a bit. After I'm done I'll swing by. The Super Lucky Cats are playing tonight @ 10p @ Sequoia Brewing North and Misato & I will be there. What are you and Vern doing tonight?
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

What about the rest of the team??? Alright, we see how it is.     Hmmph.(turning away)