Official "LeMons Arse-Freeze-Apalooza 2010" Budget

Started by BigMike, April 30, 2010, 11:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMike

I wanted to start a thread to keep tabs on our budget-to-date.

Total expenses so far include [last updated 5/1/10]:
$200 Car
$75 Bushing set
-$75 sold seats

Budget Total: $200
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

BigMike

Bill, I think we should claim to have purchased the struts since they will be visible from the strut caps in the engine bay and front trunk (the threads and nuts will look new). What do you want to team to "pay" you for them? $50? $100?
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Throttle cable? what throttle cable? We didn't buy no stinking throttle cable! As far as the struts go, put the little plastic caps on them and put some grease on the tops. I believe that Toyota did this for corrosion protection. Nobody will ever know the difference. If you still worry about that, pack grease around the bottom of the strut nut to protect the strut hat bearing, soak a rag in salt water, put the salty rag on the tops of the new strut nuts, voila, rusty old struts. Now, The urethane bushings are currently $85 on e-bay. I think we could do that. New car price @$285. Hmmm?
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

Sirdeuce

$250 car?? What's the $50 for? I thought the cars's receipt was for $200. We sold the seats for $75 didn't we? $125 car?
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Quote from: Sirdeuce on May 01, 2010, 12:00:25 PM
$250 car?? What's the $50 for? I thought the cars's receipt was for $200. We sold the seats for $75 didn't we? $125 car?

Please verify the price as written on the bill of sale, thanks. Selling me the seats is great but we'll still need a drivers seat in there. We could just keep 1 seat in there, and say we sold the stock seats and that this 1 seat someone already had?
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

The receipt is either in my Taco or at Kevins. Taco is in town. Ya might check with Kevin. The seats were sold cash and exchange to a guy that wanted BLUE seats. He gave us $50-$75 and a set of BROWN seats for our BLUE seats. Or we can buy a cheap bucket seat at PEP Boys. They used to have APC "racing" bucket seats. I think they went for about $200 each. Of course e-bay alwaay has used seats. But I do have a set of brown seats in my barn. Wow I must be off my game today. BROWN seats go with our theme all tooo well.