7AGE

Started by Sirdeuce, July 19, 2010, 05:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirdeuce

Have an experimental engine going on here. 7AGE any suggestions? going to use stock internals, so no massive increases. Started project before I became unemployed so now I just want to get my mind back into it. Work is supposed to start soon, so money should be available. First thing I have in the build is the rods. I plan to use the stock rods to see if they are typical Toyota fare, tougher than they look. The rods have been honed to float the 20mm pins, NO bushings installed. This is only to find out how this mod can even be suggested from an engine builder. I outlined the oiling mods I intend to do in the "Engine Theory" thread. Bored .020" over. Planned compression is in the 10-1 range. Looking take advantage of the stroke and target torque. Best head for this app. should be the small port version. To try and make up for the added displacement the cams aill be stock Blue top(early) to @ 256 degree duration. I want the highest lift possible with the stock buckets and shims. If at all possible, I would like to increase the size of the valves, 2mm intake, 1mm exhaust. AFM injection type should be adequate for this set-up.
Any thoughts on this would be welcome for consideration and, or discussion.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Use a AE111 head with 11.5:1 compression
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

Twist on the 7AGE twist. Use the rods from a 2ZZ block, they're 5.5 mm longer, possible to make up in the piston design. 3mm smaller rod bearing journal, can offset frind the journal up to 2.5mm. The offset grind will pull the piston further down the bore, but not higher. Gives an effective 2.5mm stroke increase. 88mm stroke making an 1858 cc engine with an 82 mm bore! 1904 cc with an 83 mm bore! Decent increase over the stock 1762 cc, 142 ccs! doesn't seem like much, but it's an increase of 8% . With the stock cams and all in a 4AGE head it should give about 120-125 lbs of torque, and maybe 120 horse. The smaller journals will have less friction than the stock, and the longer rod helps too. We know the 2ZZ rods are good for some high rpm usage along with a decent power output. I'm thinking 145 lbs of torque is achievable without much work. Get roughly the same power as well. Probably look more into this after I build the one I have.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

Sirdeuce

Crankshaft is in the block, 7AFE oil pump mounted. The block's oil galley is not alligned properly with the 4AGE pump's outlet. Will get rings next week and install the pistons.

BigMike

What project are you working on here Sirdeuce?
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

7AGE. Using the small port head and a set of WEB 294 cams. Can't afford it, but I'm going crazy.

BigMike

Is this for your white MR2?
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

What ever car is ready for an engine.