Engine Management

Started by BigMike, January 27, 2010, 08:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMike

Ok,

I looked up pricing info on the MicroSquirt and it's gonna be around $300 - $400 new. I will definitely be getting one for my MR2, so maybe a month in advance I could pull it out and run my stock Toyota ECU, and then get the FX16 on the Dyno and get it tuned for the LeMons race.

So in other words, I'll donate this for the race :D

Originally posted in this thread, here are the pictures of the fully programmable and dyno tunable MicroSquirt:

And here is a stock 4A-GE computer that we'll install it into:

-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

#12090 I believe is a MAP type ECU. I have a #17051 to trade for it.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Just some pic I found on the good ol' internet. No wonder someone bothered taking a pic of that then lol
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

This may require a bit more work than what I already posted, but, I have an AE92 high comp ECU, sensors and harness. I am missing the 2 O2 sensors though. Non T-VIS, 130hp (140 little Japanese horses) before any mods. If not the first engine, the second maybe??
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

What is the MAP system you were planning on using?
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

'86, '87 AE86, AW11, 120 horse T-VIS. The AE92 system has a tune to drag the hp peak to either 6800rpm or 7200rpm, depending on model it came from.

BigMike

I am down for a MAP setup, but maybe for our first event we should play it on the down-low and get their trust by completing an event. Maybe save the MAP setup for the March 2011 engine? Just a thought......
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

I'm good either way. Just throwing in the options I have to offer. Honestly, I would like to see if we could make this car last a couple of races if at all possible. If not, dead MR2's aren't that hard to find.

Sirdeuce

Of course there is the MR2 cup available. We could try for that smaller award. But with our theme, maybe we could get the "Effluent"  award.