Monterey Concours d'LeMons THIS SATURDAY

Started by BigMike, August 12, 2010, 03:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMike

MONTEREY CONCOURS d'LeMONS THIS SATURDAY!
Leaky Carbs, Bad Design to be Honored:
9am-4pm, Toro Park Monterey (5 minutes past Laguna on Hwy 68)

Remember, heap-car lovers: Concours d'LeMons sullies Monterey this weekend, 9-4 Saturday, at Toro Park on Hwy 68. (That's five minutes east of Laguna Seca--just keep driving.) And what the hell is the CdL? It's... Umm... Well...check out the '09 show in MT, The New York Times, and Hagerty.

As always, LeMons drivers can enter their racecar (or anything sucky) from 7-9am at the gate; all CdL entrants receive a Get Out of Penalty Card for their troubles, redeemable for the race screwup of their choice.

For more deets and general krapwagen love, cruise over to www.concoursdlemons.com; hope to see you there, assuming my GTV makes it that far--Best, JL
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

BigMike

I actually could go to this as I will be in San Jose. I'll only be about 45mins away.
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Can you borrow a P.O.S. to drive to and enter into the Cdl?
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Looks like I will be faaar to busy tomorrow to go to this. I have to be in Oakland and also Pittsburgh.
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Wow, what a coincidence. I was in Castro Valley, picked up some material for my brother-in-law today. ended up trippin' around the Bay area. Too bad we didn't get together on this. Alameda, Oakland, Berkeley, Mill Valley, Tiburon, Sauselito, 101 through Marin county over the GG bridge into San Francisco to check out the Marina area, down 101 to Millbrae for a Super Burrito( I've loved this place since the first time I ate there at 14 years of age, 32 years ago). 101, 152, 99, Cleveland ave to 145, Friant road, Millerton road, Nichlas, Tollhouse, Burrough Valley, home. From about Millerton road on can be a LOT of fun! Left the house at 0600 Friday, got back 0032 Saturday. Long day, lots of fantastic sites, Mill Valley is a place to check out for the sights. Cruise 101 through Marin county to San Fran for some gorgeous landscape, and of course the bridge($6.00 to cross it, jeeesh). Lots of fun and sights. Wore my ass out. Time for bed. Good morning.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."