Chee's new Sept/1986 MR2!!

Started by BigMike, August 12, 2010, 06:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirdeuce

You talking about the vent on the side of the white MR2 we got here?
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

STUPID FAST

yeah that one. hey if you can, can you get the vin off the lemons car, i need the vin so that i can get pistons from toyota for my build thanks

Sirdeuce

You get all 4 struts from Mike yet?
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

STUPID FAST

who brought me the struts to the shop? whoever it is thanks!

Sirdeuce

Guilty as charged. Now, stop bouncing around town.

BigMike

Chee just made a large purchase of parts for his MR2 :)
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

STUPID FAST

http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/search/?pfind=Toyota\MR2\1986&search.x=51&search.y=17&search=search

bc rm coilovers these cost 1400 shipped

and a set of sc pistons with sc rods, i need to get some piston rings for the pistons though, 225 shipped which i though was damn expensive but i need them, toyota dont carry the pistons anymore. 

need:

-piston rings
-arp rod bolts
-  arp head studs
-a bare head so i can put some bad ass valve train in. (bill, dont you have a spare head that you ported and offer if anyone wants it?)
-cams (not sure which brand and lift)
-cam gears
-bushings for suspension and motor mounts
-front and rear sway bars
-bigger brake kit (not sure what brand) Ksport?
-celica 6 speed conversion
-lsd if i can afford it
ou! and those sweet side skirts that you have bill.... :D

by the way those shocks you gave me were blown took it apart and its shot.

Sirdeuce

Ok, first things first. The struts may have blown shocks, but the springs will give a better ride, use the springs with your strut assemblies.
I have spare heads, but the one I started porting is not done. Suspension bushings can be found at Prothane, get the rack bushings too. The motor mounts are aa bit of a challenge though. The torque bushings, front and rear are available, but I can't find the compqany that makes them. I'll keep looking though. The left and right "hangers" I haven't found, but a urethane mix can be poured to reinforce them. I have a 2 part urethane mix. Sway bars should be balanced to your springrates and shock damping. Brakes, you are on your own, I like the brakes on the car already. The brakes will lock all the tires with no problems, try stickier tires first. If you get the right transaxle you'll already have an LSD. A lot of the 6 speed trannys came with LSD. Cams need be balanced to the rest of the engine. Just remember that stock cam followers are only good to about 8.5 mm lift, after that you risk throwing a shim. I have a set of TRD under bucket type followers if you are interested though. Cam gears are made by a lot of companies. And the side skirts are not mine to give or sell, sorry, they belong to the Little Deuce Poupe'. Team effort on that bit bro. Besides, they are chewed up a bit, need a little work. Get my # from Big Mike, or come up with him next time he comes up here.

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

Hey Chee,

Can you use these cam gears? I might want to pick up these cams but I can't afford the entire auction right now... It ends tomorrow morning

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280561746237

Pair of WebCam grind 577s and a pair of HKS adjustable cam gears

Currently it's at $300 and no bids

EDIT: Actually, I am not sure if I want grind 577. They are not aggressive enough for my future plans...
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

STUPID FAST

hell yeah i can use those cam gears.  you wanna do a split on buy, you get one cam gear and cam shaft ;D :P  yeah we can get em, im up for it dont want those cam shaft though.

Sirdeuce

STUPID FAST

what the heck? bidding has ended already? did you buy it bill?