Chee's new Sept/1986 MR2!!

Started by BigMike, August 12, 2010, 06:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMike

Ahhh here ya go:

http://www.celicahobby.com/ubbthreads/showprofile.php?Cat=&User=14743&Number=1953578361&Board=UBB42&what=showflat&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

2000 Celica ... Engine specs:
QuoteTRD GROUND WIRE KIT
OPTIMA RED TOP BATTERY
OBX SHORT SHIFTER
AEM CAI W/ K&N AIR FILTER
TRD CAZUMA EXHAUST

Ummm I don't think the OBX short shifter qualifies as an engine modification :D

Wow I gotta get a TRD ground wire kit, I bet that will add at least 8 horsies to my engine if not more

-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

STUPID FAST

STUPID FAST

the guy actually bought a turbo kit and sold it to a guy down here in fresno.  2zz turbo in my opinion is a bad combo, compression is too high.  for a 1zz it'll be good

STUPID FAST

mike you have to go with me to get that motor man, screw the test! 

Sirdeuce

Ground kit won't add horsies, just stabilizes them.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

STUPID FAST

ok guys just got the duzzy on sunday, all im waiting for is tranny, mr2 91+ na axles, and some little bits and pieces, ill try to post up some pics of the motor soon.

STUPID FAST

just a thought... i wonder if we can make a adapter to fit ae111 itbs on the 2zz? whats your thought on it mike? you think i should get a set of itb's and make it work?

BigMike

Bill has an AE111 ITB set at his place! Anything is possible if you have a piece of billet aluminum and a lot of free time on your hands :thumbs:

Here is what the intake ports on the VVT-Li head look like:

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

227 Wheel horsepower. Take a look at: http://newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=321306

QuoteNotice: still making 218HP at 10,000 RPM, and at well over 100F no less - Gotta love Houston summers

This is a fully built N/A 2ZZ. It is NOT a stroker.

Mod list:
DD Performance Research Prototype Lotus Short Runner Intake Manifold
DD Performance Research 80mm short ram intake
DD Performance Research Ported Head (LR ported this one)
DD Performance Research Custom Wired Power FC
Forcedfed Lotus Header
2Bular lotus exhaust
Piper stage 3 cams
eibach springs
Supertech valves
Ti retainers
Custom wiseco high comp pistons
NGK race plugs
crower rods (regular ones)
MWR Chromoly light flywheel
Custom Lightened crank
underdrive alternator and waterpump pullies
Circuitworx oil pump

Pretty much an all out N/A build, minus stroker and titanium rods.
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

The injectors are in the head and I don't see any bosses for the fuel rail hold down bolts like on the 16v 4AGE head. Will you need to incorporate bosses into the adapter manifold? Or adapt the 20v manifold to the 2ZZ head and plug the injector ports in the head? If you didn't know, the 20v intake manifolds have injectors mounted in the manifold, side feed type. Centers on the 20v head is @3 13/32"
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

Sirdeuce

Here is a pic of the Blacktop 20v head, intake side. Sorry, no pic of injector set-up as the batts went dead in the camera. Notice the hump for the injector. Would have to be incorporated into adapter.

BigMike

Hey Chee,

How about a smog legal turbo setup like this:

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

STUPID FAST

i dont think a remote mount turbo is smog legal, im thinking if i should go all motor or just built turbo na can only make so much hp while turbo i can have torque and hp.

STUPID FAST

also for that setup im going to have to get a oil pump to pump the oil back into the motor plus i have a 4cyl so it'll be a pain to get it to spool, maybe a really small turbo like a gt25 can spool fast with that setup.  if i do go turbo, i think imma go with the big boy turbos.