Chee's new Sept/1986 MR2!!

Started by BigMike, August 12, 2010, 06:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirdeuce

"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

STUPID FAST

hahaha

i know but it just cost too damn much to get 230+ at the wheels i think ill like the na power better though.

STUPID FAST

bill, you know any shop around town that does good head work p&p heads and valve jobs

Sirdeuce

Last shop I ever tried to trust was RaVer out of Visalia, but who knows if they're still around. Ask Mike to put you in touch with the buds down at the dyno shop. Maybe they know a good port guy.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

STUPID FAST

maybe i should ask justin at precision auto

Sirdeuce

I haven't had specialty work done on anything in nearly a decade. Out of touch.

STUPID FAST

last i heard, raver is long gone, not in business anymore

Sirdeuce

Yeah, it's been awhile. Wonder if my buddy Joel can get ahold of Vernon?

STUPID FAST

ok guys i have bad news for you guys, since im having another kid on the way, my wife does not want me to keep the mr2 cause its only a 2 seater, she says if im going to built a car its going to have to be a 4 seater or a 4 door vehicle, im so bumbed out right now.  im guessing a ae86? dont know yet but im going to have to sell the car and the 2zz

Sirdeuce

Find yourself an AWD Camry and turbo the V6. 4 doors, and family friendly. Not a bad car really. I had a 1990 V20, weighed in at a massive 2700 lbs, 400 more than the MR2 or AE86. It had the 2.2 5s-fe, like 130/130 output. Worse thing was the automatic! Only thing I did to mod it was KYB shocks, no big deal there. It was a huge improvement over the stock pieces! You could do a lot to it, and it could be a fun car! Show a little in this direction and maybe you could keep the MR2! Mods for the camry with the 5s-fe engine include suspension, and some lightening. The real fun is playing with the engine though. Put a 3s-gte head on the 5s-fe block, turbo 2.2 liter! Just a suggestion. You could think of it as a big AE92! Find a way to keep the AW11! Nothing wrong with a toy as well as a family car.

BigMike

Obviously get a AE86, it's a NO brainer

soo much room

-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

BigMike

F20C + 6spd conversion. Keep the 250 HP and state ref it. 9,000+ redline, reliable, good gas mileage, don't rebuild it, just keep it stock. Strip the car a bit, 250 HP in a 2100 lb car will be FREAKING FAST man, you'll be faster than me with 17 psi boost probably

-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

STUPID FAST

Sirdeuce

STUPID FAST