Main Menu

Japan's quake

Started by Sirdeuce, March 18, 2011, 05:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirdeuce

Holy crap! What a tragedy. One thing after the next. But with one disaster after the other, and the power released from the tectonic plates moving, I want to know if Mt. Fuji is remaining stable. I'd hate to see that on top of all the rest of this. Does any body have the savy to find info on this subject? Yeah, I need help finding a site that has this info. I would like to know more 'cause noone is saying anything on that 'dormant' volcano. I did find that Fuji erupted 7 times in the last millenia. The last eruption was about 300 years ago, 100 years before that. Could this quake have awakened Fuji?
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

It is very, very, very sad... My wife and I donated $400 to the relief effort. I wish I was over there helping out.............

http://www.youtube.com/v/hAE7GLE_cOc?fs=1&hl=en_US
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

Sorry to say it Mike, but they probably wouldn't let you go there to help. Too many issues to be addressed first. But give it a little time, and maybe.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Quote from: Sirdeuce on March 21, 2011, 06:14:30 PM
Sorry to say it Mike, but they probably wouldn't let you go there to help.
Yeah, we both know it and that feeling of helplessness is killing us!
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

They had  about 2000 volunteers show up to help one day. Some had to hold hand written signs telling the others there was not enough positions to fill, try again tomorrow. Or something like that. They turned away about 1500 voluteers.

Sirdeuce

As horrific as this occurance is, one must keep in mind. Only two things in life are absolutes. Your first and last breath. All things between those breaths, good or bad, are what is known as living. And only through the experience of great suffering can we truly appreciate the the joys life has to offer.

Sirdeuce

I've always thought the Japanese were an honorable people, but wow! I read that there is no looting over there! If we were in the same predicament, dog eat dog, and nothing is safe. Gotta raise the respect bar another notch!

BigMike

Quote from: Sirdeuce on March 23, 2011, 08:58:51 AM
wow! I read that there is no looting over there!
Yeah, isn't that AMAZING? Look what happened to Americans with Katrina? GEEEEEZ

Did you guys hear Japan just got hit with a 6.5 quake
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Or even the bigger tragedy, Rodney King! :yikes:

Sirdeuce

Anybody hear any new news about Japan??