Main Menu

Website was down

Started by BigMike, January 12, 2011, 06:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMike

Sorry for the down time guys. Our server machine (located in Fremont CA) lost it's harddrive early Monday morning. It just died. Fortunately they were able to recover the data manually (not sure what they had to do) because the only recent backup I had was of the Marlin Crawler WWW store website and database. All my other backups, including this forum, were from last summer >_<

My host actually decided to build us a brand new machine with all new parts and they doubled our RAM to 4GB for the trouble. That was awfully nice of them and I am glad we got everything back up. Our entire site was down for about 24 hours.

Actually, in the process of moving all my bigmike.marlincrawler.com/* files I lost everything. It wasn't until today that I realized we had another backup of everything from the old drive and I was able to restore everything. WOW what a relief!! That is why my site (and this forum) took extra long to get back up, because I lost it all. You can't imagine how crushed I was. I couldn't sleep I was so upset.

So now we've added an extra harddrive that will be used only for backups. You see we did have backups on our harddrive, but of course if the hdd goes down, what good are the backups? Now we've got an extra layer of redundancy ;)

So anyway, everything should be intact now. Please let me know if something is amiss. Welcome back! :wave:
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

Great! Now, did you have anything done for the Team Fe'Cal? Hate to think that disappeared!!
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

I was about to kill myself had I lost everything...................................... :thud:
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

Two things you need to learn Mike.
#1) Don't sweat the small shit
#2) Everything is small shit
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."