BigMike's Road Encounters

Started by BigMike, January 26, 2011, 08:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMike

Figured I'd start a thread on this already :_order:

My 4A-GZE is 100% completely bone stock right down to the stock air cleaner & box (it does have a 9 lb flywheel however). Transaxle is a close ratio C56. Car weighs around 2350 lbs. So this will give you an idea of what it can do all stock.

My Street Race Log (last updated 1/28)

OpponentIt's Color?Where?Gears?ResultNotes

Nissan 350Z
Silver1-3rdWon, barelyIt looked all stock

Nissan 350Z
Dark BlueClovis & Ashlan1-3rdLost, barely    It had a nice exhaust system

Ford Mustang GT, newer model   
Red with white stripe    HWY152W approaching Los Banos    4thLostI was drafting behind him and still couldn't keep up

Scion Tc
Dark BlueHWY152E uphill4thWonThat wasn't much of a challenge, but uphill is where my torque band really pays off

BMW Z4 (E85)
BlackHWY180W approaching HWY995thWon, barelyWas slowly pulling away in 5th gear. I could have downshifted. No clue what engine it had

Toyota Celica GT-S
RedHWY152W up Pachaco pass4thWon, barelyIt was uphill and I was slowly walking away from him

Ford Mustang GT, older model
BlackHWY152W near Casa de Fruita4thLostSame with the other Mustang, I was drafting and still couldn't keep up

Saturn 4-door
SilverHWY152E leaving Gilroy1-2Won, easilyhahahahaha

Infiniti G30
SilverClovis & Tulare1-3Won, barelyIt was an automatic, but I'm not sure if the person was going all out or not

Kyle's Mitsu Evo9
SilverHWY168W near Shepherd1-3Lost badlyI had Kevin in my car but it was no use, he is waaay faster right now

Chee's 1ZZ Toyota Corolla
SilverOlive & Winery1-2Won, easilyIt was just for fun and Chee got smoked

Pontiac Fiero GT
SilverAshlan & Armstrong1-2Won, easilyWe launched 4 or 5 times. Each time had him by about 3 car lengths at the top of 2nd gear

-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

I believe the Scion TC is supposed to have the same power as the Tacoma, just heavier. The BMW (Big Mexican Woman) I believe has a 3.0 straight 6 with the valvetronic valvetrain I mentioned somewhere on this forum. Supposedly, power is aroound 255 hp. I have learned that the Muskrat guys won't play with Jap Crap any more unless they are modified themselves, so no big loss there. Seems they are tired of getting spanked all the time.  And the guys that go Cobra or Saleen badge don't think a little jap car is worth the effort. I am curious how you would do against the 3 though. I have about a 100 horse on you, and about a 1000lbs. You have a chance! Running about 12 1/2 pouns per horse.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Ah! You reminded me about Kyle's Evo IX. I got owned by it that day we all came up to your place. Your Speed3 will make my car look like a Reliant Robin

EDIT: I also just remembered about  Chee's 1ZZ-FE powered 4-door Corolla (wife's car)
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Oh yeah! You had troiuble keeping up with a Tacoma! :rofl:
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

[Monty Python]THAT IS NO ORRRRRRRDINARY TACOMA!!!!![/Monty Python]
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

Just raced Kevin's brother-in-law Mike and his Pontiac Fiero GT. He didn't stand a chance to the 4A-GZE

We launched 4 or 5 times. Each time I had him by 3 car lengths at the top of 2nd gear. We also did a couple improvised 2nd gear pulls and I'm really impressed with my car.

I honestly thought the V6 Fiero would pose a greater challenge --- which only further indicated that there must be something up with my engine! I gotta pull a valve cover, or check the compression, or the ECU; gotta be something!

I will be doing some dyno pulls once the 6spd goes in, so I'll know soon enough what is up. If I am putting down 125-ish HP at the wheels then I'll know something is up for sure
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Naw, must be something wrong with the Fiero! You know how much of a high performance car they are!

Sirdeuce

From what I found, the 2.8liter V6 put out a whopping 140 hp and 160 lbs of torque. The vehicle weighed a bit over 2800 lbs. And the MR2 was supposed to have 145 hp with 140 lbs of torque. weighing in at 2500 lbs. You got more horses, and 300 less lbs of weight. The 20 lbs of torque is nowhere near enough to cover the 300 lbs difference. And the trans gearing for the U.S. car is not going to be worth a bean as they never geared anything properly here! American car makers would use the ratios for a V8 on a small displacement 4 banger. One of the resons the Cosworth Vega was disliked so much! The Cosworth engine produced a powerband like a 4AGE, and had gears for a torqier V8! The biggest complaint was the way the little car wouldn't produce at the lower RPM bands! It had low power in the lower ranges with a high gear, bogged off the line and at upshifts. Just playing the defender of the little guy I guess.

BigMike

Good points Bill. Moreoever, my car weighs less than 2400 lbs so make that 800+ weight difference. WOW I didn't realize it was that much of a difference :o
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤