24 Hours of LeMons (Now Open To The Public!) > Brakes

Larger than stock

(1/3) > >>

BigMike:
So apparently people are using ST185 Celica calipers and rotors. The Celica is 5-lug and apparently it's possible to redrill for the AW11's 4x100mm bolt pattern.

The Celica rotors are about 177mm in diameter.

I haven't figured out all the details yet, but we can EASILY get drilled & slotted Celica rotors from our brake supplier for cheap.

We can also go with 1994-1999 GT-Four (ST205) 4 piston calipers and 315mm rotor, but this might require a 16" wheel, I don't know :dunno:

Some links to start with:

The AW11 Brake Upgrade Thread

AW11 MR2 Brake Bolt-on Brake Upgrades

BigMike:
Here is a comparison of the 177mm ST185 Celica rotors to the stock AW11 rotors (not sure what year AW11 rotors though...)

BigMike:
Also the 1" Hilux Master cylinder that we sell bolts right onto the stock AW11 booster!!

We buy these in bulk so I'll get a great price on them

Store link: http://www.marlincrawler.com/brake/master-cylinder/big-bore-fj80-brake-master-cylinder

BigMike:
1990 Celica GT calipers are have a 57mm piston diameter vs. AW11 46mm piston diameter. Apparently this is a bolt-on swap (with more pad options available).

Here are the 1990 Celica GT calipers installed with everything else stock 1987-89 style AW11 brakes:

Sirdeuce:
Currently, I'm for the 57mm Celica calipers with '87 and later vented MR2 rotors on the front and rear. Cheap and easy for now

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version