status

Started by kdogae86, March 28, 2010, 09:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirdeuce

You can do pretty much any mods as long as the cost doesn't go over the $500 mark.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Ok,

I say we position the throttle bodies towards the front-top corner of the intake manifold so we can take advantage of some AWESOME ram air intake!!!!!!!!!!!
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

Let the insanity begin! Sooooo many ways to go!
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Quote from: Sirdeuce on November 05, 2010, 08:16:09 PM
Let the insanity begin! Sooooo many ways to go!

Ok, I know this is pretty silly (that may be the point!) but what if instead of spending the time to fabricate some block off plate, how about we just throw another throttle body over the hole? We've got to close that hole anyway.

Then we can have a triple throttle body setup. If the TPS sensor interferes with the #2 TB, then we can flip it 180-degrees or space the #2 TB over

How much is a TB at a wrecking yard on half off day? Like $10 maybe?

Do you think the 2 TB setup would flow better than the 3 TB setup, despite its increased resistance to flow (smaller overall cross sectional area) ? Maybe having a TB in the stock location will disrupt airflow from the other 2.....? It will be harder to build a link system for all 3 TBs to operate in unison...
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Oooh! Progressive TB's! The one in the stock mounting location would only be used as a blockoff. It would interfere with the flow from the TB on #'s 1 and 2's ports. Silly idea? YES! But the judges would like it! Like I said before, SICK! Mentally ill! Nuts! How 'bout photshopping one on the opposite end for a total of 4 TB's?

BigMike

:gap:   I bet this would sound really, really awesome! We could say it's our budget poor-mans version of individual throttle bodies ;)
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

How about setting up dual plenums to separate the primary and secondary runners?

BigMike

I went to Bill's house late last night (around 10pm) and took some pics of the Dual Throttle Body configuration. I really like the dual TB setup :thumbs:

The nice thing about this is this is something we can do down the road. We discussed the engine for the Poupẻ, and we probably won't get the Race engine built until mid to late Jan (our first race is in March). So there will be certain things we will have ready for the first race and other things we won't have ready until the 2nd race. Multi-throttle body setup should be done with a MAP-based EFI system, which may take us additional resources and time to accomplish. So this idea may or may not get done for the March event, only time will tell.

Here are some pics.

1st pic is Bill explaining how we will have a coupler to connect the throttle shafts together

Placing the throttle bodies straight up or tilted slightly forward may provide for improved air flow, however they will interfere with the hood. However, this may not be the case depending on how we arrange a multi-toilet-seat hood, if we do that.

Also, Bill is thinking about making a multi-plenum or even removing the stock plenum and mounting the throttle bodies down lower. All ideas are up for grabs right now. If you have a great idea, present it and get up to Bill's house and get it built! Put your creativity to work!

Mike
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Looks like we go with the AFM ECU, sorry, my sensors won't work with the MAP ECU, not the proper values. We can shoot for a map system later.

Blane525

Ya you guys know how to get through tek inspection??????? ? ??? ???? :idea: :rofl: :rofl:

Sirdeuce

Big bottle of Patron! Served by a naked 23 year old model!

BigMike

No, no, huge box of Baby Ruths!!!!
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

The baby ruths are for passers by, and they will be displayed in a toilet bowl.

Sirdeuce

Sirdeuce