status

Started by kdogae86, March 28, 2010, 09:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirdeuce

Probably not able to do anything this weekend as the rain is due. But if any body is into getting wet and working 'till hypothermia kicks in, c'mon up.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

Sirdeuce

This sheet of aluminum was in the barn.It would be perfecdt for the switch panel. Might even make a guage cluster. If anyone has access to a shear it would be helpful. I have access to a brake.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

Sirdeuce

Eh, nope! not going to the barn today!

BigMike

Hey guys,

I went up to Bill's today for most of the after noon and made a lot of progress on the interior wiring. Bill was too much of a sissy to work in the cold so I was out on my own. I still made a LOT of progress and the car is coming along nicely :)

I'll post some pics soon :thumbs:
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

You forgot to feed the dogs!

Sirdeuce

Got a map sensor! All we need is the ignitor!

Sirdeuce

ECU, I have 4 or 5. Distributor, I have a few. MAP sensor, I have 1. Need an ignitor to complete a MAP set-up. Part # is 89620-22340. Anybody?

BigMike

DUDE, Bill, SERIOUSLY, once I get on my own feet in about 1 or 2 months from now, I will buy whatever parts we need to run Dual Throttle Bodies with no air flow meter.

Mike
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Been looking all over the place for some low cost blue poly foam to make forms for the various things I want to make for the Poupe'.  I've not found any place in Fresno that would sell me remnants cheap, they only want to sell whole pieces at a cost between 80 and 120 bucks a sheet. Then, lo and behold! I found these pieces in a pile beside the road! Wonder what other Poupe' parts might be found in the trash? I like working with this stuff! light, easy to form, won't melt under polyester resin! Make easy forms for things like intake scoops, wings, spoilers etc.. Cut it with a regular knife and fine tune with sand paper. Can be cut with a hot wire if available. This foam is weighted at either 2 or 4 lbs per cubic foot.

BigMike

Nice find :bowdown:

Can't wait to get back up there and do some work! :_order:
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Experiencing some fitment difficulties with the motor mounts. Seems the engine is @ 1/2" forward of the norm. Mybe they changed a few things from '87 to '88??
Mike, have you ever had any problems doing the GZ swap? Did you always use the C series trans? I'll look into it a bit more next week. Maybe compare the red 2 with mine.

BigMike

Never used the E-trans. I've only used C-series my entire life
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Basic AFM setup.

Sirdeuce

Here is the proposed exhaust system. The muffler is just a big glass pack. One shot to show the approxmate outlet location. Take note, the rear bumper is removed. Optional muffler and tip in the  system not cut up yet.

BigMike

How about a Zonda style mid-body mount?

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤