status

Started by kdogae86, March 28, 2010, 09:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdogae86

got the wheel off finally but the wheel is destroyed.sorry everybody...but anyway progress should speed up now.gonna pull suspension off this week and take brakes apart to give to mike to modify.now the fun begins since all wheels are off the car.

BigMike

I won't have time for the engine swap until the last week of May. I would love to get it in to get the car registered!
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

Is the damage cosmetic, or does it render the wheel unusable? Is the damage covered by the center cap?
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

kdogae86

the wheel is trashed.need extra room in the wheel to chop the nut.than the nut,wheel,and
lug all fused together so i drill out the stud.i can give you some money to compensate if you want.

Sirdeuce

Not too worried about the money part. Maybe we can sell them to a honda owner. Still has 3 good holes right? Do I need to bring a hub assembly down? Left side right?
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

kdogae86

yeah left front hub. just got all 4 struts off just now so we can get crackalakin on the suspension. last strut had a black widow hidin in the top hat. killed him with brake clean before he gots me haha. ive got a bunch of mercedes brake fluid at home already which we use on all the amg cars so it should be good. got some redline gear oil lying around. kinda worried bout the spongy brake hoses. so who has the best newest brake hoses?

BigMike

Good kill on the black widow

Regarding the brake lines, here is an idea: I have steel braided brake lines I bought from the wrecking yard many moons ago. They are installed on my 2 right now. I can get some new Crown Performance brake lines for my MR2 and donate my old steel braided lines to the LeMons car? They are tarnished and look aged, so it would be easy to say we bought them used on craigslist for $25 or something.
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Since eveerything is open might as well flush out the lines. I use Berrymans B-12 chemtool, and follw that up with a blast of brake cleaner. Blow out with compressed air, then tape the open ends. Kevin, do you have a 240V outlet in your garage? I can get my air compressor out of storage and park it at your place while we need it. I'll et that hub to you.

BigMike

Bill mentioned in the picknpull thread that brake lines are considered safety equipment and therefore do not count towards the $500.

I'll get some quotes to see what new braided lines will cost. We sell very long (about 3-feet) braided lines for lifted Hiluxes, and we retail them for $29 each. So I'm sure our cost is less than $20 per line and they are very long. So maybe some much shorter lines for the MR2 will only be like $15 each.

I'll find out sometime soon.
Mike
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

Here is info on the Crown Performance brake lines we use.

You can see them on our website at this link: http://www.marlincrawler.com/brake/brake-line/extended-brake-line-kit-hilux

Quote from: Marlin CrawlerFor the past 14 years Crown Performance Brake Lines have been used in the United States Armed Forces including the Navy, Army, Marines, and Air Force. Because of this commitment to quality and performance, Marlin Crawler, Inc. is very proud to be a distributor of Crown Performance Brake Lines -- not to mention they are designed and made right here in the USA!

These brake lines exceed the Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Standard MVSS-106 and increase safety and brake responsiveness due to no appreciable volumetric expansion in the brake line.

These Brake Lines are specifically extended to fit your Live Axle Conversion or lifted applications.

Crown Performance Military-Grade Brake Lines feature a strong one-piece crimp design, UV protection layer, stainless steel braid, protection layer, kevlar braid, and finally a teflon inner core to minimize internal friction.
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

kdogae86

Sirdeuce

See what we can do 'bout that next weekend.

Sirdeuce

Not sure category this would fall into. I have 1" x 2" industrial velcro strips we can use to mount thing with. AFC, gages, things like that there. This stuff isn't like regular velcro, it is quit strong.

kdogae86

almost have the interior gutted. all that remains is the heater box and carpet. dash is not salvageable cause of age.
didnt break anything that wasnt already broken. clock should be good. instrument switches and ac control head should
be fine. bug bombed garage and spiders seem to be dying. found little dead lizard in pass door pocket.hey mike...
we need a tutorial on how to post pics(bill and i)

BigMike

Quote from: kdogae86 on April 28, 2010, 12:45:53 PM
almost have the interior gutted. all that remains is the heater box and carpet. dash is not salvageable cause of age.
didnt break anything that wasnt already broken. clock should be good. instrument switches and ac control head should
be fine. bug bombed garage and spiders seem to be dying. found little dead lizard in pass door pocket.hey mike...
we need a tutorial on how to post pics(bill and i)

Wow, that is really awesome. I need to come over and check out the progress.

As for posting pictures, you can either (1) upload pics from your computer to the forum or you can (2) link to pics you've already uploaded to the web.

(1) Upload pics to the forum. To do this you must use the "Reply" option and not the "Quick Reply". Click Reply and load the reply page (the page containing the smileys and such). Below the text field, click on "Additional Options..." and then use the "Browse..." button to locate and attach images to your post. Please note that the file size is limited to 120 KB per file. Typically files that are around 0.6 Megapixels or smaller will make the grade. The easiest way to resize images that are very large is to use the Microsoft Image Resizer PowerToy. It is an extremely easy to use picture resizer that integrates into your Windows shell. Once installed, you simply right-click on an image(s) and select "Resize Pictures" like this:

I usually use the Small 640x480 option which works great on the forum. This program does not replace your original picture (unless you ask it to); it makes a new resized copy. Then you simply take this copy and upload it to the forum using the "Browse..." button. Currently, you may upload up to 8 pictures per post which will appear at the bottom of your post.

(2) Use a site such as imageshack.us to upload pictures to the web. Then insert those images to your post using the following code structure:
[img]http://link.to.uploaded.image.file.jpg[/img]
The nice thing about this method is that it allows you to insert images in-line with your post, <-- like that.
Also you can specify the dimensions of the image. For instance,
[img width=80 height=80]http://bigmike.marlincrawler.com/forum/Themes/default/images/post/xx.gif[/img]
results in the image being resized to 80-pixels wide and 80-pixels high, which will look like this:
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤