Main Menu

AEM EMS-4

Started by Sirdeuce, August 27, 2011, 09:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirdeuce

Mikey! Check out this little universal gem. The AEM EMS-4. I think it would be a better choice than the Microsquirt. The cost might be a little more, but the thing doesn't need anything extra to do the job, like an extra driver amplifier for a COP ignition. Probabaly has better tech support to boot. The Microsquirt would be about $700- $800 to get going, the EMS-4, between $1000 and $1200.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

The MegaSquirt can be purchased as a kit for under $500 that is a direct plug'n'play with my stock ECU harness. But even my dyno guy was telling me that the resolution on the MS is a bit low, I think only every 250 rpm or every 500 rpm so I have no doubt that AEM would be better! But I like the idea of being able to simply unplug for smog, then just reconnect. Can the AEM do this also? :dunno:
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

No, just a universal set-up
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

STUPID FAST

wonder if aem makes a full standalone for 4age? i had the aem ems on my eagle talon, most of the tuners run the aem ems

Sirdeuce

I'm just looking at the universal unit. You might try looking at AEM's website.