Bevin's MGB Motivational Thread

Started by BigMike, June 02, 2010, 07:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blane525

wonder wha tthe width on the 240sx is compaired to the stock mg??. :driving:

Blane525

I am going to look for a sub frame drop out like that very cool :love:

BigMike

Right? Let's hit the wrecking yard with a couple battery powered sawzaws on a half-off day and find something that will work for CHEAP!
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

Wonder what the possibilities are as far as doing this with the FX
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

BigMike

Quote from: Sirdeuce on November 22, 2010, 10:00:13 PM
Wonder what the possibilities are as far as doing this with the FX

WOULDN'T THAT BE AWESOME? A FR FX!!
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

Blane525

:whistle: Maybe someone that is school smart!  can do some solid works design on the mg\ fx and find out what works better :smack: :idea:

Blane525

Quote from: BigMike on November 25, 2010, 02:30:56 PM
VTEC + Supercharger

This car is the bomb! can you feel the speed of this bad mamajama! just looking at it...

Sirdeuce

Where on earth can we find someone with school smarts?

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Blane525

:tantrum: All that school what's it good for? the poetry ...somting wong! :rofl:

Sirdeuce

Got another engine to think about! The Mazda K series! Really quite small in stature! At 1.8 to 2.0 liters for a V6. Pretty high revving engine wit 143 to 167 hp and 116 to133 pounds of torque! The 1.8 had a red line somewhere north of 9000 rpm in some MX-3 models too! The 1.8 produced 143 hp @ 7000 rpm, and 116 lbs of torque @ 5500 rpm. The 2.0 was at167 hp @ 7000, and 133 lbs @ 5500 rpm. After the 2.0 liter the blocks started growing. The K series uses alloy block and head, with the block being a 2 piece split at the mains. 60 degree V6, narrow angle valves. Mazda used a VRIS, variable resonance intake system, using manifold accoustics to tune the intake to the engines RPM.  I've wanted one since I read about them years ago. I drove an MX-3 with one of the higher revving engines. I think the rev limiter never kicked in, I was shifting at around 9700 RPM! No need to go farther than that 'cause the power dropped sharply after 9000 RPM. Sounded awesome! Even with the factory intake system. Hmmmm, 9000 RPM V6 with ITB's? In your car Bevin? In an MR2?

BigMike

If you wanna go Turbo with a crap load of power, Chee likes the 2-liter Turbo Mitsu engine. 210 HP stock, up the boost for 300 hp easy all on stock parts

Here is a swap page for Chee's Stario (has good pics and info): http://www.projectzerog.com

Here is a 4G63 in a 1973 MG Spridget swap:

http://www.youtube.com/v/9MC7sSaTT7E?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0

http://www.youtube.com/v/iGREwhuibyU?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤