9AG???

Started by Sirdeuce, June 04, 2010, 05:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirdeuce

New hybrid on the boards. 7A block + 1ZZGE crank + 2ZZGE rods + custom pistons 1mm o.s. =1.9 liters of A series beast. The ZZ parts allow an RPM of @8,000. Add in boost and go nuts. Think of the possibilities. Something to look in to. Maybe I'll get the rods for my 7AGE build. the 7A crank is forged, just the rods are weak.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Do you have the link for this hybrid? I'd love to see some pics

Wow, a 1.9 liter A that can rev to 8,000 RPM. Is the 4A-GE head really that great? I was under the impression that Toyota and Yamaha had found some sweet spot of just the right combination of stroke-to-bore-to-cylinder head flow characteristics: If you alter this harmonic combination then you loose that mysteriously special "4A-GE" engine.
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

The 8,000 RPM is the capability of the parts from the ZZ engine. Buuuuut, you can just about DO any thing to change the operational parameters of an engine. Ever see an air cooled VW engine that revved to 11,000 RPM? Had GOOD power from @3,500RPM and pulled all the way to 10,000RPM like a mad hornet. How about a Ford 351 C pulling 800HP/TRQ at 9,000RPM? That engine should not ever be pushed beyond the stock operating specs. One of my favorites, yes, turboed YUGO! 3 cylinders pusing 300+HP! Yeah, you can do just about anything with an engine.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."