Project P.O.S.

Started by Sirdeuce, March 10, 2012, 08:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirdeuce

This is one reason ordering things on the internet sucks! Ordered a set containing hubs, bearings and seals from one manufacturer. Got  a set of hubs, no bearings or seals, from another manufacturer. Contact the third party company that took the order and the claim is they sent exactly what was ordered. ALWAYS keep your online information! At least until you get your parts. So now I'm still waiting for parts..................
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

Sirdeuce

Alrighty then! Got the seals and bearings installed. Longer studs for the wheels. All back together! Let's bleed the brakes and get 'er on the road.......... Now it needs a master cylinder. Will it never end?
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BigMike

Just get it on the road already GOSH.
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

Need money to finish. No money, no finish.

Sirdeuce

Over a year on jack stands. Finally on the road again! In  the process of upgrading the suspension I had several other pieces that just had to change. The BC struts, Whiteline sway bars and bushings were what was planned. Enter wear and tear on a 26 year old car and you get a bunch of hidden repairs peeking in saying, what about me? So the left front lower control arm rear pivot boss was rusted to the bushing sleeve, replaced it. Front hubs, bearings and seals replaced. Due to interference of the tire on the strut housing at max negative camber spacers were needed. Spacers need longer studs, so installed longer studs. Got new lug nuts as well, why not. And replace the RH axle due to a cracked boot. The FX uses the same axles as a Mk1 MR2, so spares are abundant here. Installed new motor mounts, the old ones were shot. Finally, road test! Or not. Brakes master cylinder developed a leak. New master cylinder and a good bleeding...... ROAD TEST! Or not, engine won't idle. Oh yeah. Somewhere in there I changed the cams to WEB cams grind #294. For some reason the things won't run with the stock sprockets, only 6" manifold vacuum. Install adjustable sprockets and play with the cam timing. So far, without putting the degree wheel on, I have the intake at zero and the exhaust 5* advance. 16" manifold vacuum and it'll actually idle. Road test?? YES! A trip down the hill! And back! No problem with the engine. But now I have to raise the car about 3/4" to keep the tires off the fender. I went an inch higher. Now the little car is an FX16 GTS/RS! The RS stands for roller skate. A bit of tuning and better tires will get this thing into the next fun level.  Whole lot of work for a kayak transport. Don't you think?

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Dome light was real dim, bad ground. I have a few sets of these flat 'festoon' assemblies, 36 5050 (5mmx5mm) LEDs, they come with a spring loaded connector that plugs into the stock light clips. I did a little solder work to get 2 of these assemblies into the dome lens. What a difference these things make! Went from barely any light to being able to see the grains of sand in the rug! So I decided to put LEDs in the cargo light next to the hatch. The assembly is much smaller than the dome light. I used some LEDs from a flex strip and soldered 9 of the 5050s together. HUGE difference! I think I'll go nuts and put these lights in the side markers, brakes and turn signals. Also, I picked up a set of these cob style daytime running light assemblies and mounted them on the bottom of the grill, above of the radiator. That'll piss people off! These things are blindingly bright! I think I'll mount a few in the back for the guy with his high beams on........

BigMike

Yo!!

The dome lights are nice. I installed some LED lights in my interior (see reply #255) but I don't think they are as bright as yours!

Here is the picture resizer I recommend using with Windows7: https://imageresizer.codeplex.com

Also, take a look at this thread on the Marlin forum, the guy dynoed his 1977 Celica at 91 HP & 115 TQ at the wheels and is wondering what is the most amount of power anyone has seen from a 20R or 22R: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=96940

:thumbs:
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

And the hits just keep coming! Broke the E-brake center cable and blew out the right rear wheel bearing. Maybe I'll be able to get them repaired this weekend.

BigMike

Quote from: Sirdeuce on July 11, 2014, 08:16:26 PM
And the hits just keep coming! Broke the E-brake center cable and blew out the right rear wheel bearing. Maybe I'll be able to get them repaired this weekend.
Arg! That sucks man. It is good to see it out on the road however, look'n good :driving:

If you have a minute, take a look at this thread I just posted: http://bigmike.marlincrawler.com/forum/index.php?topic=625

Thanks
Mike
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Giving the dual pattern lobes a thought..... Might be a good way to do a ghetto "V-tec" type setup. Further isolate the runners in the T-vis head, enlarge the secondary runner and T-vis butterfly and grin the longer duration onto the T-vis side cam lobe. Could work. I've had the idea to install a divider past the T-vis into the intake port to reduce turbulence in the port past the T-vis. The ports are really poorly matched going from the 2 port manifold runner to an open chamber intake port. Probably be good for the other various T-vis  applications as well. Biggest problem would be the injector though. Having a single injector centered in the port would hinder the installation of a full length divider and hold a requirement for flow to both valves to fully employ the fuel injected. An option would be to plug the injector port in the head and install the injectors in the manifold runners, 8 injectors on T-vis manifold and a new ECU with the proper tuning. Or, run put the injector in the primary T-vis port and inject all the fuel into one runner and keep the other runner dry. The ports would have to be tuned for swirls characteristics that would mix the rich and dry charges in the cylinder. Coupled with a dual pattern cam? Wish I had a bucket of money to play with these ideas.

Sirdeuce

Finally! Complete and smogged! Only thing left to do is alignment.