Main Menu

Gran Turismo 5

Started by Sirdeuce, November 24, 2010, 09:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirdeuce

GT5 has arrived! Got my copy! Too damn bad I won't be able to check it out 'till Monday. :smack:
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

Sirdeuce

Not doing too bad for the first day. just working on the licenses.
B license; 8 gold, 2 silver
A license; 7 gold, 3 silver
IC license; 2 gold, 6 silver, 2 bronze
More fun to come! Burn day, gotta make a fire.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

Sirdeuce

Update
B license  all gold
A license  all gold
IC license  8 gold, 2 silver
IB license  all silver
IA license  8 silver, 2 gold
S  license  2 gold, 5 silver, 3 bronze
Currenmtly at level 26, just.
Found out that a couple of the trophies you can get are surprizes! Hidden trophies in clude!! Rollover and total your car! And one that is proving to be harder than iy might seem, knock a part off your car. Yeah, smash the Veyron into a concrete barrier at 250 mph and it stays intact! Yeah right! Out side of that, I have 120 cars in my garage!
The side chalenge that I had sooo much fun with is the TOP GEAR challenge! First, the beginner level.  VW micro busses any one? The track at TOP GEAR is a figure 8 set up! I know, let's run 2 separate groups in 2 separate sections! Now the challenge is to not hit, or get hit! VW kubelwagons and schwimminwagons at 50 paces! I damn near fell out of my chair when the Kubelwagon directly in front of me got taken out by a schwimminwagon!

BigMike

How did I miss this thread?!

Wish I had a PS3 then we could be building our licenses together
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

4 hours of Tsukuba! Lap 166, my thumbs are bleeding! Lap 200,MEDIC!! Lap 221, end of race!! 1st-2nd gap is 21 laps! Spent most of the time pusing the other cars off the track.  :yikes: Is that bone I see prodruding from my thumb?! :yikes:

BigMike

So if the 1st place guy was 21 laps ahead of the 2nd place guy, that must have put you at about 82 laps behind in last place?  :rofl3:
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Got into the endurance segment of the game. 60 laps of Grand Valley, 4 Hours at Tsukuba, 90 laps at Laguna Seca, and then for S&G, did the 60 lap Grand Valley race again. The nail on my left thumb is separating and a hard calous is forming on the inside tips of my thumbs. Man I gotta get a wheel!

BigMike

What do you think about the 3rd corner on Grand Valley? I always take it too wide and wind up scrubbing a lot of speed.
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

3rd corner, usually wide open, maybe tap the brakes with really fast cars or less sticky tires.

BigMike

Quote from: Sirdeuce on December 18, 2010, 09:12:00 AM
3rd corner, usually wide open, maybe tap the brakes with really fast cars or less sticky tires.
Well the issue is if you take it too wide, then you mess the entry line for the 4th corner.

I have the same problem with the Eiger Nordwand track on the 8th and 9th corners. You can't take those flat out or you'll be in the sand pits!
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Blane525

ya i played moto madness  :blah: that long  :hammerhead:   :sleeping:

Sirdeuce

Blane525

the controller is so Superior no blisters no  no that's not true  :yikes: if you count the ones on the back of my eyes :puke: