Main Menu

Gran Turismo 5

Started by Sirdeuce, November 24, 2010, 09:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirdeuce

Got my car for reaching level 35 today! The Red Bull X2010! What a beast!! Sure wish cars like this existed in the real world. If you are one that has this game, don't purchase the X2010. You get one when you get to level 35! Sure is better than building a 20,000,000 credit balloon and popping it for one. Spend the credits on a bunch of smaller cars to get to you goal of 1,000 cars in your garage. Oh yeah, the X2010 approaches 300 mph and holds so hard you don't have to let up on the Indianapolis speedway! Balls out and screamin'! I would advise having a wheel to run this beast, it is VERY responsive!
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

Sirdeuce

Bryan, you have GT5 right? You do the online time trials?  Any body belse play this addicting game?
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BryanH

Been playing it off and on.  I did the GT Academy time trials, placed 11th or something like that in the country and I'm waking up in 4 hours to fly to Florida for the live national finals.  This is my opportunity to make it in the racing business.  Wish me luck. :)

PSN ID is GTXf_CudaMan

Sirdeuce

Jump straight in the middle of that! Best of luck to you!

Sirdeuce

Wait a minute! Back it up a bit. does this mean we have to find some other driver to take your place?

BigMike

WOW GOOD LUCK BRYAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

Sirdeuce

BryanH

Quote from: Sirdeuce on March 21, 2011, 07:08:20 AM
Wait a minute! Back it up a bit. does this mean we have to find some other driver to take your place?

Hmm, maybe.  It's time for bed now but the short version is I won the national finals in Florida and earned a trip to Silverstone Circuit in England for a week-long racing school and boot-camp where I'll be competing with 15 others from the US for a drive with a pro race team.  I have 2 months to get in awesome physical shape and I haven't done any exercise in 12 years.  Oh boy. :) 

What I end up doing after that will depend on how well I do and what other opportunities might present themselves.  The future is uncertain...

Sirdeuce

That is freakin' awesome!! Hope I don't see you for a while! 2 months to get into shape huh. Sounds like you need a drill sergeant. You got the equipment, or gym membership? Or do you need to get the stuff for it?

Sirdeuce

When I started with this silly game I ripped through the licenses just to get them done so I wouldn't be held back on anything for not having a license. I didn't realize I had about 20 or so tests that weren't gold. All gold now! I have all gold on ny races with 4 events to finish. I do dread the 24 hour races. Got over 600 cars in my garage. Finished the B-spec races, what a waste of time. I need to work on the special events now.  Definately a fun way to waste the days.  :driving:  Now time to get the real car going. :burnout:

BigMike

Quote from: BryanH on April 01, 2011, 02:20:10 AM
I won the national finals in Florida and earned a trip to Silverstone Circuit in England for a week-long racing school and boot-camp where I'll be competing with 15 others from the US for a drive with a pro race team.  I have 2 months to get in awesome physical shape and I haven't done any exercise in 12 years.  Oh boy. :)

WOW Bryan congratulations man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously we all need to hang out before ya leave if you have the time, get some breakfast or dinner! I'd like to congratulate ya in person before you fly away :yupyup:
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

I have a Lifecycle we never use. I can let ya use it for awhile. If you want, I'll be in town Sunday.

Sirdeuce

Finally got a wheel for this game...........sucks. Went from blazing times to soso times. The force feedback is rediculously stong! Even on the lowest setting it's 5X what I get from the MR2 or even the 3 during torque steer. I have the thing mounted on a TV dinner table for now(half the problem I'm sure, tosses the table on the higher feedback setting),SUCKS!! Definately a transition to take time on.

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Anybody else playing with this game?