Main Menu

Gran Turismo 5

Started by Sirdeuce, November 24, 2010, 09:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirdeuce

Place on Eiger is now 1451. Weapon of choice is, of course, an AW11 S/C. As if anybody had any doughts.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

BryanH

I'm trying to get to the GT Academy finals but finding the physics at the absolute limit are getting a bit weird. 

Finally found an AW11 (NA!) in the used dealer the other night.  Haven't driven it yet.  I do have this mid-engined Toyota though:

Bill how did you like that Top Gear Elise test?  It's a hoot with no aids! :applaus:

Sirdeuce

I actually did the VW Microbus about 20 times on theTop Gear track. I laughed so hard! Then th Kubel and Schwimmer wagons got me going! When the first Kubelwagon got taken out I couldn't finish the silly tthing! Too much laughing. I'll have to do the Elise yet though. The car in the top pick? Corolla? TC? I like the exhaust out the side! Not too sure how or where to apply that to an AW11 though.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on wakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."

Sirdeuce

A small note on the VW Microbusses. I've had a few of these in my life. Great little vehicle to have! Never had one that was as slow as what is in the GT world though. I did have a '74 type 4 with a 2 litre that would smoke the tires the whole 1/4! When it got traction it would run low 15 second 1/4's! Surprised a LOT of people! My favorite was the '66 17 window with a ragtop! Wish I had that one today!!

BryanH

Quote from: Sirdeuce on January 05, 2011, 06:59:06 AMThe car in the top pick? Corolla? TC? I like the exhaust out the side!
It's the Lexus IS, or whatever they call it in Japan now.  Apparently in SuperGT this car is converted to mid-engine.  Crazy huh?  Those ports on the rear door are fuel fillers - the exhaust comes out the back like a normal car.  :yesnod:

BigMike

BryanH, is the picture of your IS from actual gameplay? If so, ummm then, WOW I gotta try something newer than Gran Turismo 2 LOL!

Two nights ago I learned from Bill that the Top Gear test track is in the (newer) game(s), that is so awesome I want to play it so bad. I have a question on this for you guys: If you take the same car as tested on the show by The Stig, how do your times compare to the Power Lap board? I am not asking this to see your skill level, but rather I am very curious as to the accuracy of the game compared to what The Stig is doing. I mean, if you are like 5 seconds faster than The Stig (which is A LOT for such a small track) then I'd tend to believe the game or the track are not so accurate... This is what I am curious about, thanks! :wave:
-/_/___/__________\___\_\-
|______________________|
|-------\___________/------|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

My 1987 Supercharged 4A-powered 6-speed MR2

BigMike

Quote from: BryanH on January 05, 2011, 12:57:15 AM
Bill how did you like that Top Gear Elise test?  It's a hoot with no aids! :applaus:
I'm looking at a List of Top Gear Episodes and I can't figure out which one you are referring to. Which one is it? I'd like to check it out!
|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

I know you have peeps with the game closer to you, but you are welcome to come play with mine! Want some candy little boy?

BryanH

Quote from: BigMike on January 07, 2011, 08:22:17 AM
I'm looking at a List of Top Gear Episodes and I can't figure out which one you are referring to. Which one is it? I'd like to check it out!

It's a challenge in Gran Turismo 5.  Elise 111R on the Top Gear Test Track at high noon.  With no grip.  :greengrin: Oodles of fun. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2cSdGmrBYY&hd=1

Quote from: BigMike on January 07, 2011, 08:18:38 AM
BryanH, is the picture of your IS from actual gameplay? If so, ummm then, WOW I gotta try something newer than Gran Turismo 2 LOL!

Um, yeah, you do. ;)  I've got it set up on a cheap wheel here, let me know if you want to come over for a test drive some time. :)  That IS picture is from Photo Mode, which is basically just a way to take a screen shot in game and get wheel blur effects, for example, if you want them.  The graphics are insane.  I've got lots more Photomode pictures here:  http://www.pbase.com/bryanh/gtphoto

Sirdeuce

You want some fun Bry? Get to the endurance section and do the 1000 kilometers at Suzuka! 172 laps on Suzuka's twisting course!  In the rain!! Yee haw!!

Sirdeuce

Aw geesshh, I just pitted the car. Don't start the rain races on racing medium tires! :smack:  I forgot to change them for the weather! :doh:. It was a lot of fun, to say the least! Oh yeah, the car is the ARTA NSX. No mods. I think a car with less output would do better though. I was going for something similar to what was competitive, but I think a car likw the ARTA Garaiya would be better for this race. A little lighter and half the power. Probably use the cars power better and spend less time in powerslides. Or maybe a wheel and pedals would help.

Sirdeuce

Ok, finished the 1000Km at Suzuka! Scratch the Garaiya idea. Start the race with rain tires. Around lap 70 the rain starts to thin out.  Pit and put an set of soft race tires on Run about  14 laps on those and change to medium racing tires. Run the medium to about lap 100 and change back to soft as the rain begins to roll back onto the track. The rain never comes back to what it was in the beginning, so no need to put the rain tires back on the car. You should have 5 laps on second place so pit as often as you want for the last half of the race. Calculate the fuel needed for about 12 laps and just keep the fuel level low for the weight savings. Pitting every 12 laps will keep you at the +5 laps to the end of the race. Make sure you have the time for this race, it'll consume about 6 to 61/2 hours. Ice your thumbs when you finish!!

Sirdeuce

Finished the 9 Hours of Tsukuba last night. 553 laps! Holy cats, that;s a lot of laps! Now the 4 Hours of Nurburg to come next. I am definately dreading the 24 hour runs!!

BigMike

|______________________|
```````````````````````       

R135
└┼┼┤

Sirdeuce

Already got my fish! And did the 9 Hour tsukaba race again, 277 laps this time. Same car different parameters, stickier tires, sorer thumbs.